How about some friendly relationship advice?!

Discussion in 'General' started by ickjui, Feb 20, 2009.

1. I need advice-- from guys-- on breakups. I am about to break up with my boyfriend tonight, tear, but I really do want to remain friends with him.

Without using the friends line, what have been some of the most reassuring things you guys, or girls, have heard in a break up? The things that made you think, "Hey, maybe this won't suck super badly and maybe he/she is not a total asshole/bitch."

2. Tell him EXACTLY why you are breaking up with him. Make sure you make him feel important still and tell him you still want him to be a major part of your life.

If it goes well enough plan something to do with him.

Good luck.

3. Thank you! That was in my original plan to see him this upcoming weekend. I'm glad to know that's somewhat acceptable.

4. Well it really depends on the person. I would find that acceptable but he may not.

Chance's are if your nice about he will be sad rather than angry so I would plan off of that.

Glad I could help.

5. Tell him you guys can still have sex, it'll make him feel GREAT!

Lol I'm sorry, that's the first thing I thought when I read this I couldn't resist.

Good luck tho.

6. why are you breaking up with him?

7. It's a weird situation. I was kind of forced into it in the first place... his sister committed suicide and I was the "only one" he had. I don't like that at all and just would rather not date anybody for a while. I feel bad because I feel like saying I just want to be single implies that I'd like to go have sex with a bunch of people.

8. First his sister kills herself and then the "only person he has" leaves him, too.. Let's hope you're not dealing with a mental case here..

I wouldn't be worried about him being sad.. I'd just be worried about 'em trying somethin'.. Ya dig?

9. exactly what I was thinking

10. Oh yes, I am well aware of that little aspect as well. He's smarter then his sister and knows I would be more then angry with him if he ever took it upon himself to take harmful actions.

And I know, I am a complete and total bitch any way you look at it. This is the best part of the situation.