How about floral foam as medium

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rhymeswithsuds, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Anyone tried using floral foam as a medium for a drip feed system. I would think it's similar to rockwool. I've only ever read about it being used to start seeds and cuttings. But I was thinking of using it through the veg stage, and possibly throughout full life cycle. Any tips or info on this would be greatly appreciated

2. Seems it would work.

3. save yourself hassle. get rockwool cubes and some hydroton . easy.

4. Yeah the Hydroton or Rockwool was my first thought, but where i am it's pretty hard to come by and the floral foam is pretty cheap. I just never seem to see anybody using it other than for cuttings or germinating. I was thinking to use 4 inch cubes to get them thru most of the veg stage and then maybe transplant into vermiculite, perlite, and coir mix. Either that, or just go all the way thru with the foam. My main worry is probably that it holds water too well. So just been wondering what others had to say on the matter. Thanks for the replies. Also any more input is welcome.

5. saw somebody try on cannabis culture a few years back .. held too much water, was the outcome.

but if you do try to use it ..keep us informed Please

6. rhymes you there?

7. Yep still around. Don't have the chance to check up on the forum as often as I'd like.
    Still tryin to decide on how I'll proceed, but will probably give it a go, at least thru the first few weeks.