How about a little...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by spudbudd420, Jan 18, 2007.

1. help!?
    Getting ready to set up a grow room(s), and need some advice. I have a space 5'x10'x8'. I also have two 400w HPS ballasts and bulbs (but no reflectors), which I understand can accept MH conversion bulbs. After reading a bit, I have decided to go with a soil grow; at least for the first grow or two.
    Here are my questions:
    Would it be better to have two rooms, one for vegging and one for flowering; or would one big room be the better choice?
    Is it better to use clones or seeds? If clones, how do I get them...I have an MMJ permit (WA.), but my provider seems to be kinda unresponsive and expensive to even talk to.
    What would be the best way to grow if one desired a consistent but varied supply?
    Best and/or least expensive ways to ventilate/exhaust?
    Is CO2 worth the investment?
    I have hanging ballasts, with the sockets attached directly, and no reflectors. Do I even need them, if the walls and ceiling(s) of my grow room(s) are painted white?
    Anything else you feel I should know would be helpful...I have grown outdoors and in greenhouses before, but never under lights.
    Thanks

2. yes u will need reflectors...

if u grow from clone u can do a sea of green (basically u flower the clones not long after they root), with 2 rooms u can have a smaller veg room, it would probably be best to use fluros for veg and just use both 400w hps for flower

and u will definitely need a good co2 pump if u plan on growing a lot of plants

3. i started all in one room, 6 plants under 400w mh. Before they started flowering i took cuttings so you really need a second area if you plan on taking cuttings. I use fluros for my cuttings but the orginal 6 grew like crazy under the MH. I am sure I cant reproduce that with the fluros. I am just using the fluros for now and once the flowering finishes I will stick the plants back under the 400w MH for a few weeks at least. Then switch to the HPS bulb for flowering. My plan is to always have cuttings and have a continous crop with one set always veging in another room.