Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How 2 different highs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by provin1327, Apr 28, 2009.

1. If thc is the primary active ingriedent in marijana, how is it that diffrent plants create different types of highs? Like indica and sativa, how do the plants alter the drug? Are there other ingriedents or chemcals that dffer from type to type?

2. There are a lot of other chemicals that make you "high."

3. CBD being one I believe, and if I remember right, indica strains are CBD-heavy. Or something like that.

4. #4 abnormldood, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    The thing many people don't know is that THC is not the only active ingredient in marijuana, there are also others like CBD and CBN that make it differ in "high". Indicas tend to have a higher CBD which gives you that heavy couchlock stone, Sativas have less CBD so they have a clear high. Strains with a high CBN tend to have a "trippy" high, like Durban Poison. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, this is from my limited experience.

THC = Tetrahydrocannibinol
    CBD = Cannabidiol
    CBN = Cannabinol
    These are the 3 main active chemicals, but I'm sure that there are other chemicals that also make each strain unique.

5. Sativa usually has Higher THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) content and less CBD (cannabidiol) content, whereas Indica usually has a lower THC content and a higher CBD content.
    In a study I found, Sativa had 23.7% THC and <0.1% CBD, and Indica had 19.6% THC and <0.3% CBD.
    A Sativa will make me giggle, possibly give me light visuals, think creatively, understand things better and be able to write poetry or in my blog. The best Sativa I've had made everything look extra 3-D (like coming up on LSD/shrooms) and I wrote 5 pages about all kinds of crap.
    An Indica will make me want to sit on the couch, eat cheetos and drink hawaiian punch, and jsut watch TV. And Indica makes my body feel more heavy and my sense of touch is a bit more intense. The best Indica I had made me sit on the couch and stare at the wall (no music or TV playing, just absolute silence) and I felt like my body was on a roller coaster; I could feel my equilibrium going up and down.
    I hope that helps.