Houston, We Have A Problem!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheNoober, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Well, we're on day #77, week #3 of bloom, and we've got yellow leaves. The strain is White Widow x Big Bud. We're in a 5 ft tall, 3 x 2 ft space. I usually water once a week and use Ionic brand nutrients on a low dosage. If there's other information that you might need, please don't hesitate to ask me to help you help me.

I diagnosed the problem as a probable magnesium deficiency, and in the process learned a little bit about mobile and immobile nutrient problems. I'm 99% certain that we're at least dealing with a mobile problem. It seemed to start out at the bottom and has worked upward. There's a lot of purplish color in the stems on these two plants, but they've always been that way. Trichromes are still 99% white. Just started gathering crystals onto the leaves about 3-4 days ago. I've made it this far, really don't want the journey to end with a trip down the pooper this far into it. Pictures are included. Please let me know what you think.

A leaf that I clipped off as an example......
    Top side - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    Bottom side - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Little bit of a comparison shot under the light.....
    User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Main cola......
    Under light - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    No light - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Thank you for your time, folks.

2. There isn't anything wrong with your plant. It's reached the point in the cycle where it's putting all it's energy into finishing off the buds and is stopping the nutrient flow to the leaves. The plant will almost shed during this time. You're at day 77 in flower. Is this day 77 after you first put them in or day #77 after you saw good bud formation on the plant...which is actually when you're supposed to start the count. Pictures of leaves are no good. Pictures under hps lighting are no good. Post pics of your plant in the affected area under normal lighting if you want us to be able to decipher anything about it. But turn that frown upside down...you're just getting close to the end. Do you have a loupe or some other form of magnification that you can see the individual trichomes on the plant with? If not, you really need to invest $20 and get yourself one since that's the only real way to know where your plant stands. Each strain has a projected flower time, but each one of these grows at their own rate and does their own thing. Periods of stress throughout flower can set them back. It's always best to have a reliable way to know where your plants are at. That way you get the most out of your hard work and worry. Congrats. Looks like you have some good bud that will soon harvest!! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh, thank you, sweet ganja-growing long-haired hippie Jesus!

I was reeeaaaaaally starting to get worried. I didn't realize that the plants were essentially going to start shedding leaves. That's an enormous relief! Things haven't exactly gone perfectly with this grow, but I'd say it's gone pretty well given that it's my first one.

Anyway, to answer questions.... This is day 77 in the "life" of my plant, since it sprouted out of the dirt. She's been in bloom since day #51. My dumb butt though, I forgot to switch from MH to HPS for two weeks. So, to answer the question specifically then, this is we'll refer to as "Bloom Day #28." We'll see exactly how long I let it go, but I intend to try and maximize bud size while still keeping the majority of trichromes white. Sure, I like a good couch-lock, but I got shit to do today, man, you know?

I apologize about the crummy pictures. Let me get you some better ones!

Little 10$ pH meter because the 90$ one that I ordered online didn't work worth a tinker's damn. Says my pH is high, which I'd probably agree with since I'm using a combination of bottled and tap water. Recommend a good, cheap pH meter? I'm not spending more than 50$ on the next one. Err.... here's this one - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Two lovely ladies standing side by side (it's a little dark) - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I'm not sure that this photo does justice. Here, the stems look a little more black/brown than purple, but it ought to give you a good idea. Do I need to be concerned with this coloration, or is that normal as well? User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Good full-body pic, I think - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Moneyshot!!!! - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

In the last photo, I notice about 3 amber colored hairs (pistils or trichromes?) I also notice the nice little white crystals that I hope continue to expand on those upper leaves, and just generally all over the place. You think the phone will do well enough to give me an idea of the development of those little buggers? Would a magnifying glass work? I'll have to look around and see if there's one around. Lastly, I've avoided asking this question the whole time because I thought it was dumb, but I think we're getting to the stage where the answer can be determined with some degree relative certainty - what sort of yield can I expect?

Once more, thank you for your time in helping.