Household items that can be used as nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bbpooter10, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Ive been doing some research on this topic and only found a couple answers. I was just wondering if there are any common househould items that could be used as nutrients for plants. I know you can use hydrogen peroxide and mollasses as nutrients in water but thats all I could really find. Im just a lil curious, so if anyone knows anything it would much appreciated, thanks G.C.

2. really not much unless you prep the soil way beforehand. You can get a raw fish and create a fish stew if you will, add it to your soil with some worm castings and bone meal/ blood meal. Garden lime for a little calcium and mix and turn for a couple weeks. It will smell horrible so keep it set farther from your house but the soil will have pretty much everything you need. You can use lemon juice and vinegar to pH balance your water. Thats about it.

3. Oh that blows...haha so lemon juice lowers ph and vinegar raises it? Thanks bolthero

4. Lemon juice and vinegar both lower pH, as they are acidic. Baking soda will raise pH.

Epsom salts adds magnesium and sulfur, but you only need to use it you're showing signs of deficiency.

And as above said, molasses. The carbohydrates in molasses feed the microbes in your soil, and there is phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, manganese. copper, iron, selenium, calcium and B vitamins in molasses.

If you want a good deal on molasses, check out your local feed store. I got a 3.5 gallon bucket of it for 11 bucks.

5. how do you use the molasses?

6. Alrite thanks chunkdaddyo thats good to know. Oh and hemphead1 you have to use unsulfered mollasses and about a tablespoon per gallon, there is a thread on the discussion of using mollasses and how it helps.

7. You can use banana tea,will help With nitrogen ....also egg she for potassium and the left over coffee in the coffee maker when you make coffee ....trust me you can make all kinds of fertilizers at home.

8. This is a great thread to sticky. I know you can let urine sit and get nitrogen from it.... hehe.

Chicken shit that's sat for at least a year is literally the "shit" for growing. I know lots of old growers that used it extensively. The method I've heard is layer it deep on the bottom of a very large pot and the plant is likely to not get into it until it's quite large and about the flower. Then it hits the chicken shit and takes off.

Plants love coconut water.

9. The ocean shore is a treasure trove of nutrients. Collect all the shelled sea creatures you can find. Crush them up and mix them with your compost along with any kelp you can find. I know older people who would bury starfish in their flower beds after washing them with fresh water.

10. I find that MJ loves a bit of sulphur regardless and a need for Mg always seems to happen...so I start with epson even before the flip (in moderation) and it prevents that 3rd week of flower yellowing scare you read about all the time here.
    Oh and...
    Crushed/pulverized egg shells for calcium.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I was amazed doing a little research learning that the recommended amount of sulfer in feed for cannabis is actually higher then the optimum levels of magnesium or very close. Most plant feed schedules have about 1.5-2% magnesium and optimal sulfer levels are about the same but it's almost never gets mentioned when people have deficiencies.

12. Nutrient usage by cannabis in order of how much it uses goes. Phosphorus, potassium, nitrogen, calcium, sulfer, magnesium, and iron.

13. Langbeinite!

14. Malted barley

Left over pine needles off the christmas tree to helo lower soil ph

Bananas skins for potassium

Egg shells

Rabbit shit / chicken shit

Loads of stuff really

15. Just went to my cupboard and could not find a langbeinite eating rabbit anywhere.
    Household items?

16. I live in a cave.... with bunnies....

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. ...just as I imagined.

• Funny Funny x 1