House smells like weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by KingZeke561, Aug 22, 2019.

1. I live in Florida and have my mmj card. I was wondering if your house smells like weed (let’s say you were maybe growing it) do police have probable cause to search your house or get a search warrant?

2. So what does the law stipulate in terms of your MMJ card...is it to posses/use, or to cultivate?
    I'd suggest if you're considering growing indoors, you simply invest in a good carbon filter...honestly they're amazing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Tru yeah I have a carbon filter but I just haven’t used it yet. My card allows me to get up to a six month supply of flower so I figured if I’m allowed to posses that much, obviously my house is gona smell, would it still be considered probable?

4. By the time the police are coming up to your door they allready know what's up, if they come for something else dont let them in the house have a chat on the front porch. The main thing about growing in a state where it is illegal is to keep it to yourself, even if the cops know you are growing weed ass long as you are not slanging it around town they dont even bother.

5. Growing weed smells a lot different than flowers or flower smoke. I actually like the smell of growing weed better but have to smell it in my tent.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fucking great smell...just...very detectable without the appropriate filtration, especially in an enclosed area. woof.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would say they would have a hard time getting a warrant to search for weed growing when you can legally have weed. Someone would probably have to rat you out and show pics to the cops. I have a really good carbon filter and unlike a lot of growing equipment it didn’t cost much. And if you’re growing and need to be discrete, I’d follow the “no tell, no sell and no smell” rule. But yeah, get a good carbon filter. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Yeah, you could be arrest if found illegal weed in your house,

Best Way to Get Rid of Cannabis Smell Inside Your House
    A household staple for many Americans living with gassy pets and gassier spouses or roommates, Febreeze is a trigger-action odor eliminator. This is not the end-all, be-all of cannabis smell reduction, but for a fresh scent in a pinch, it’s a solid option.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Me confused. Does marijuana plant explode or give off bad microradiation? Not sure why your protectors of the city would take your life away for growing a plant inside your house.

Sent from my KING_KONG_3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. At the end of the day law enforcement is 2 things. This countries largest scam, and criminals with badges and the law does not apply to them as they all look out for each other. If you or I run a red might we get a ticket but if they want a donut they can wrongly use their sirens to run lights. If you goto court u can get charges reduced no points etc but the fines are huge and you always pay a court fee.

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. More ignorance on display here folks.

12. Facts, not ignorance. Not all cops are bad, but a lot are.

13. I don't know...this sound like the classic stoner thinking they need to dislike police...
    I'm aware that some of them are bored, I'm aware that some of them would be corrupt and/or at least a little self serving and unfair.
    I've never known any police I've encountered to be particularly negative towards the green community though...I've even been caught in my earlier days, and sure, whatever $5 amount of weed I may have had back then got chucked, though never once have I been arrested or treated like shit for it.
    Despite what you think of them, the majority will help us or someone we know at some point in our lives, and even if we're on the wrong side of it, unless we're disrespectful or doing some real scumbag shit, most of them just go through the motions and "do their job".
    What you're talking about so strongly is less than 10% of overall police I've ever observed.

Personally, aside from weed (and casual piracy I suppose...maybe?) I see eye to eye with the Police, as I'm otherwise a law abiding person, and I agree with the vast majority of laws as being there to protect people.
    Sounds more like you're sore because you're a shitty driver and expect them to turn a blind eye or something.

• Like Like x 1