House Plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sayu, Dec 12, 2018.

1. My wife and I went to Sayulita Nayarit Mexico and brought back a souvenir. I'm not treating the plant in a way to maximize yields instead I've treated her as a house plant. She receives light only from the window and on cloudy days by 2 CFL lights. Also early in the grow she lost the bottom almost half of the leaves and they haven't grown back. She seems to have barely reached a flowering stage. I'm concerned about the lack of leaves though. I've read that Sativas are usually lanky but even so I've considered cloning the upper branches. I also overdid it on the flower fertilizer but I'm going to get her some proper nutrients this weekend. Anyways recommendations?

2. Welcome bro
    Ok. Firstly, How old is your lady? (The plant, not your Mrs :) ) I notice there is no perlite (for drainage) in your soil - In fact, your soil looks like back yard soil?
    Second, without proper lighting, (HPS/LED) she will never give you any decent amount of bud, if and when she does start to flower.....! She still has a few leaves (I trim most of my lower leaves anyway, due to the lack of light they receive)…. She seems a little stretched too, with quite a flimsy stalk - She still needs some air circulation to beef up! To be honest, unless you give her proper nutrients/light and decent soil, she will never go anywhere. She may start to flower, she may not. Where about in the world are you and what is the outdoor light cycle? If you are willing to make some changes, there may be hope for her....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks for the reply. She's about 2 and a half months old I think and yes the stalk is so flimsy that I've had to put a pole next to her to hold her up. As for the perlite and soil I'll run over to home depot to see what I can find on my way out of work today. As for light cycle it's been mostly window light since she sprouted but I'd be willing to set her out on my porch every now and then I'd say the plant has been getting 12/12 hours of light and dark. I actually had to keep her indoor because I live in the Sonoran Desert and the sun here is so strong that it has damaged my plants in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 PAOLO1981, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Ok, that will be a good start - Just buy regular perlite and a good multi purpose soil. You can then transplant her into a new, bigger pot. Your main battle will then be light quality. You will be better off leaving her outside than on the window sill. As long as the temps don't pass 32 degrees at day or less than 10 - 15 degrees at night, she should start to flower soon. If too hot in the day, make some shade for her & if too cold at night, make a shelter for her! She also needs 12 hours of light/dark in order to flower - Should take around 2 weeks to kick in. Forget the CFL's now, they wont do shit mate! Lastly, you will need some flowering nutrients once you see flowers, so get that ASAP mate - Amazon sells all u need!" Good luck pal

• Like Like x 2
  5. Oh.. You will want 30% perlite to 70% soil - Loosely packed - You should get at least a 15L pot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1