House passes DREAM ACT..........

Discussion in 'Politics' started by QP3, Dec 9, 2010.

1. #61 Arteezy, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
    I think we should deport you. We don't need you. :wave:

Also, I (along with you, I assume) break federal law regularly. Would you have me deported?

2. Does anyone have anything illuminating to say to this?

3. Can u reword that bro?

4. You know how most of the property was acquired by the feds? It certainly wasn't through homesteading.

5. Me? That's twice you've commented on my awkward phrasings haha. (I wasn't high in that other thread either, I'm dry lol)

What I'm asking is this:

I believe that people should have the right to control who comes on their property. This is a basic idea that goes along with the concept of property rights, I'm sure you understand.

So, is the land in the US to be considered the private property of the US? If so, the same principals that would lead anyone to believe they have a right to control who comes on their private property would also apply to the US and Its property. Basically, if the land is considered the US' private property, then it would be justifiable for them to control who can come on it. (so immigration laws would be justifiable)

If it isn't justifiable for the US to control who comes on its land, then the land must not be considered US private property. If it isn't the US' private property, then what is it? I can't think of what else it would be.

If you think I'm approaching this the wrong way, say so. I'm just trying to figure out if I can argue that immigration laws are truly unjustifiable.

6. The US is not a legitimate private entity. They maintain their regime (read: monopoly) through force (and fraud).

The property, if it isn't being used, is no one's. It is in a state of nature and can be rightfully homesteaded.

7. back to reality please.

8. The entirety of the US was obviously acquired legitimately. The US certainly has never committed force or fraud against innocent folk trying to mind their own business.

What the hell was I talking about? :rolleyes:

9. Working illegal immigrants don't pay tax, working legal immigrants do so I fail to see how offering them citizenship is a bad thing?

10. I rather hire illegal immigrant over legal citizens, anyday due to 'taxes'.

11. truth

12. I think we should make the borders bigger. And make it harder to get welfare and EBT cards. Or as i like to call them, "Happy Cards."

13. This issue of just make me think that these youths have also the right to have education but of course many are still not in favor with this and they also have their reason not to. The U.S. House of Representatives has approved the DREAM Act. This election came mostly across on party lines. Here is the proof: Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act vote offers citizenship for service or schooling The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act; offers a “path to citizenship” for illegal aliens who came to the country as children. The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act, isn't assured yet, however. The U.S. Senate has promised a filibuster.