House flies by my crop

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Dr Dogg, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Hi all.

Need some help. I'm currently growing in my loft. The plants are in a pvc greenhouse with foil on the inside to reflect the light.

The problem i'm having is loads of house flies getting into the loft somehow and getting in the greenhouse. Unfortunately, the greenhouse isn't completely sealed so the little buggers are getting in through the bottom where the pvc cover reaches the floor.

I've tried sealing up all the holes in the loft where i think they might be getting in through, and i've also put the lights onto a night cycle (19:00 - 07:00, they're flowering now) but it doesnt seem to make any difference.

Getting back to the point, what i want to know is will they do any damage to the plants?

The plants seem to be healthy, but as i've just switched them to flowering i was wondering if the flies might cause any damage to my babies.

The flies actually die after a few hours in there due to the heat/humidity so they're not flying around all the time. They're just normal house flies, not green flies or mites.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. forgetaboutit

3. Don't worry, the flies don't smoke much. If they are really pissing you off hang some NO-PEST strips in your room, that will help. Some people train their flies to help manicure their plants after harvest, but that all depends on the type of fly you have(some are smarter than others)usually the males are smarter IMHO. The best thing about fly labor is that they work for shit pay.

4. why are flies coming to your plant?

Are you using organic ferts like guano or bloodmeal?

5. Fly labor LOL
    :laughing:

6. you should of grown your plants by an ant nest and you'd have those little guys constantly guarding it.