house fire.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by edwin11023, Feb 8, 2012.

1. im not trying to start a house fire, which im going to grow in a 4x4 tent. do i use extension cords i heard its a no no? helps me blades going to set up everything soon:D

2. The answer is: maybe. Tell us more about how much power you want to draw, what kind of circuits you expect to draw from, if you need to use extension cords how long, etc.

3. I'd start by making sure outlets you intend to use are grounded .Seems like it should ought to be but you never know.You can get a little cheap guage.Plug it in if it glows green you're good to go. Turns yellow i'd watch it.Old bldgs can have this problem.

4. would u care linking me?

5. Extension cords are fine but don't be plugging in a surge protector into a surge protector. If you live in the US and its a modern house or apartment or even older its grounded. Its part of the national building code.

600 watts is nothing to pull from a outlet. I have a 700w LED, 4 inch inline fan, additional fan inside the tent etc.

Your computer or entertainment system probably pulls more..or take a microwave...1200-1500 watts.

6. Just make sure your extension cord is rated for 15 amps..you can run all that on one circuit

7. Thanks guys fuckin love this site cuz everyone helps each
    Other out. Haven't ran into dick heads yet

8. and the shorter the better...that's not what she said

9. I agree you want as short as possible and a heavy gauge, check the amp rating.

10. i use extension cords. make sure they are heavy duty (at least 3 pronged) and i also use the multi oult cords( forgot what they are called used for computers) but they all have little circuit breakers on them. they were not cheap either

11. And completely off the reel !!