Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

House arrest

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SuperSilverDaze, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Ok, so I've scoured the Internet and these forums and still can't find an answer so I'll ask here. If somebody knows where to look instead, I'll be happy to go there.

I was really dumb and I got in trouble a few months ago and got slapped with a misdemeanor. First time I've ever gotten in trouble with actual law enforcement. After going through court and everything, part of my sentence was 48 hours community service, jail time or house arrest. The jail time and house arrest would only end up being about half time. Naturally, I chose house arrest. Well, I recently had my interview and got accepted(like I said, first time I've ever dealt with cops, never even had a speeding ticket so I knew that wasn't going to be a problem). Well, they set my date for a little under 3 weeks from my interview.

Here's my problem. I've been a heavy user for over 6 years. Never needed a to take a t-break so I haven't. The sheriff told me I'd need to take a drug test the day I get my bracelet. I mentioned I had a doctor's rec and she said it didn't matter even though I got convicted by the people of California and its legal for me(I guess cause you give up certain rights) but that it should be out of my system by then. I'm 6'0" and 185. It's not muscle. I mean, I'm not a porker, but I'm not in the best shape either. I know that for a heavy user, I mean like an ounce every week and a half roughly, it can take up to a month or longer to get out of your system. My boss is overweight and she told me it took her 3 months to get out of her system once.

Now, I'm not asking if I'll pass or not. I know my chances. For the couple weeks prior to my interview I had cut myself to about a couple grams a week because I want to start looking for a new job once this is taken care of. Thing is, I didn't know I'd have to pass a drug test for the house arrest.

My question is this: if I fail for the house arrest, will they arrest me on the spot and jail me or can I just go for the community service? Everything I've found is about people failing tests while already on house arrest which doesn't really help. I'd really rather not have a cop put his finger in my ass so I can sit in jail for a day.

2. first off why wouldnt you just take the 48 hours of community service...but anyways failing your first one you should be ok for the most part, but nobody here can 100% tell ou whats going to happen. I've had friends fail multiple DT on house arrest and usually they just get their windows taken away but im not your PO so idk he could do whatever he wants man

3. Yea dude come on..48 hours community service, house arrest, or jail? That's a no brainer for me. You will have to pay a certain amount per day for the house arrest bracelet thing. I definitely would have chose the community service, you wouldn't even have had a drug test more than likely.

That's just the way she goes

4. Community service sucks though. Depending on the length of time I'd say house arrest. I don't do anything usually anyway so it really wouldn't be a punishment

5. Id take house arrest also...i only leave the house for work anyways and to go out to eat which id rather stay home instead of going to a resturant while trying to control my screaming kid...

6. they might be nice and give you cs or they can be dicks and send you to jail. just depends reaaly. sorry i didnt reaaly help

7. It's not even like that though. The cs would be drug out for over a week and I'd miss work. I don't have a PO cause its just 48 hours. Since they usually cut it to half time, why wouldn't I take the home arrest if its just gonna end up being a day? Thanks everyone for the input.

8. You're gonna get house arrest for a day?

That's pretty laughable, why is that even a punishment?

9. That's the other thing. Community service is a 45 dollar application fee and like another 400 or something if they take me. The anklet, at least where I live is already put into court costs so its free.

10. Its not, really.

11. Why would they even waste the time putting you on house arrest for one day? I would have chose that too. That sucks about the drug test though.

12. #12 SuperSilverDaze, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
    [quote name="lFourTwenty" post="18779576" timestamp="1380908498"]Why would they even waste the time putting you on house arrest for one day? I would have chose that too. That sucks about the drug test though.[/quote]It's cheaper for the state since, like I said, I already paid the monitor fee in my court fees. With jail or community service they still have to pay employees to keep me there. I'm just hoping I pass the dt though. I've been exercising since I found out and I figure I might as well try a cleanse drink even though I know they're not always reliable. I have friends who swear by them. Guess I'll find out in 3 weeks.

13. oh its a one day house arrest...?lol...

14. I know a couple of buds just did their court mandated serice and they were both drug tested and breathalyzed before they could do their hours. 

15. Yeah, it's stupid. The worst part is having to deal with the courts. The court costs alone tripled my fine.