House and Garden vs. Advanced Nutrients

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by DR Prescribed, Feb 17, 2010.

1. #1 DR Prescribed, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010
    I have used the House and Garden - Aqua Flakes formula for the last 8 months or so and I get amazing results compared to the GH stuff I started with.

I've heard such great things about Advanced Nutes but has anyone tried both?

I do have 12 Orange Diesel clones in week 4 of flowering right now in 3 different reservoirs. I am using 5 gallon drip buckets with hydroton rocks. I use all the H&G additives as well so I am getting the full potential of their products.

So, I could try during my next cycle and feed 4 of them with Advanced. Anyone recommend this or would my results probably be too similar for the trouble?

Thanks...

2. it woul be interestin to see you go with 3 diff resevoirs with 3 diff nutes(say AN, and 2 other highly recomended ferts), i would definently watch, i am about to use AN so i would be curious to see if i could get somthing better

3. without a doubt try em in a side by side . what better way to compare . i also have interest in AN and the other leading brands that claim to be the best . please do a side by side with 3 different nutes . if you do i 'll find some1 to suck your dick from the back ,lol ...

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I think the best way to figure out whether Advanced Nutrients works for you or if House and Garden works for you is to try them out side by side. Yes, it's more work, but your grow room makes so much difference when it comes to how the grow will turn out.

So, you need to put the nutes in your grow setup and see what happens among the same clones or seeds of the same mother or strain. If you start mixing things up too much you're going to get confused as to what nutes are helping and which are hurting. You need to keep everything else but the nutes controlled and then you can begin to see what specific products really make your plants perk up.

It's just hard to listen to the opinions of everyone since the grow setups and conditions can all vary. You really just need to try things out for yourself and see what works for you.

Good luck!

:cool:

For my money - Advanced Nutrients has been a winner for me, but see what you think with a test in your grow setup.