Hours of sunlight needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by High as Space, Nov 3, 2010.

1. last summer i had a couple plants outside.
    after realizing that 5 hrs wasnt good enough i moved them to a nearby field to receive 8+, however they got riped right before harvest. :(
    Now that i started indoors, im thinking about going back to my old spot at 5 hrs (the only way i could increase this is if i started cuttin down trees)
    would it be worth it to go start to finish there or would it not even be good since the low hours?

2. they wouldn't survive in the winter

3. 5 hours it ok but not great. decent yield can be achieved though.

4. Anything with 4 hrs or more will work, but the yield will be reduced because of the decrease in light. In my opinion, reduced yield is better than being ripped off and getting no yield. You could plant a few more plants in the safe location to offset the lower yields.

5. frost this year came pretty late.. about last week.
    mid-late october is late enough for some strains... i still got 18 beans left from attitude.
    think its worth a shot? say 4 or 5 plants?

6. are you talking about starting outdoor plants from seed right now? that would be a big waste of time. do indoor or just wait out the fast coming winter

7. nah man im talkin bout startin a seed as soon as temps are high enough (40+?) and then grow them that summer, with 5 hours.
    do you guys think it would be worth it to do? say 4 plants or so. i got away with it last year untill i moved them for extra sunlight, then they got ripped.

8. cut down some trees and go for it, better than getting ripped

9. Big ass trees over here :eek:
    would 5 hours be worth it or would chopping trees be completely necessary?

10. 5 hours would get you some small buds. heres what i did, go to lowes, get $125 gas chainsaw and keep the receipt. that thing will take down like 30 trees in an hour no problem because its got a brand new chain and everything. after you are done clean it up with rubbing alcohol and bring it back. tell them that you got if for your dad for his birthday and he told you he doesn't like the way it cuts and asked you to take it back. get the cash back and have a free chainsaw for a few days. it worked for me :), probably because the person at the desk barely had a GED.... worth a try though.

11. my plants only get around 6 hrs. of direct sun and they do fine.