Hotline Miami 2

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by WaxPayne, Mar 10, 2015.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This game came out today and I was wondering if anyone plans on getting it. I loved the first one , it was extremely violent, challenging at times and had a cool retro feel. The old top-down shooter/stealth reminded me of the original "Metal Gear" series on steroids.

Anyways post up anything related to the game ; the good , the bad , favorite parts of the story, cool weapons and of course your favorite kills .

2. Had it preordered. Replaying the first one now before I do move on to 2. Also, have you guys seen Drive, the movie the game is inspired from?

3. #3 WaxPayne, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    Of course that movie is a lot like the first game, including the soundtrack. Would've been great if Cranston made a guest appearance in this sequel.

I'm liking this sequel so far though, it's starting to remind me of Crash more than Drive though with all the different characters and a hopefully intertwining story.

4. Just started playing this and I am fucking loving it

5. #5 WaxPayne, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Same here it's really beaten my expectations . I just got past the third mission as the vigilantes. The swan brothers with the chainsaw and gun combo is awesome! I'm currently playing as the "commando" and I'm not liking him as much but I think I need to switch to the shotgun.

6. It really is insane dude, did you end up getting it for the PC by any chance? :)

7. Yea it is , much better pace than the first one too with a lot more variation. The different character abilities adds a lot of depth to the game . I got it for PS4 though :(

8. I completely agree, I didn't know if they were going to top the first one but IMO they def have :) How is it on the PS4? I was actually thinking of getting it for mine but said fuck it and got it for my PC lol I always use my PS4 controller to play games on my PC anyways so it's all goodie

9. For sure :metal: I honestly already like it better than the first and even that was one of the best action games I've ever played . The kills are phenomenal! Ive already seen so many brutal kills in this one (the swat guy head rip, the chainsaw execution , the journalist "beat down" ) that it's making the first look toned down .

The PS4 version shouldn't be too much different than the PC version unless there are user made mods on PC. It would probably be a lot easier with a mouse or trackpad but I too prefer the ps4 controller.

I absolutely love the kills you can do in the game it really does just make it so ridiculous [​IMG] I've always been a fan of a controller over a mouse & keyboard, I had my 360 & PS3 controller hooked up to my PC before until I bought the PS4 Destiny bundle and once I hooked up the PS4 controller it was so much easier to use with DS4 than it was with the others.   

11. Yup :) I can't wait to see what other badass kills they have in this game

The controller is a lot better than the previous generations although my grips did wear fairly quick. I just replaced them with some better ones and glued them down so they won't slip .

12. Is this a PC only title?

13. Nope it's also on PS4 , PS vita , PS3 , Xbox 360 and XBOne

14. Doors still work wonders in this series. Still the most lethal weapon to date .

15. This fucking game. Everything about it. I've seen a ton of mixed reviews but it exceeded my expectations. I really like  The Son and learning a bit more about the world like it takes places in a world where Russia won the Cold War. Once I figured that out a ton started clicking. I get the feeling the creators have a world with a ton of story and we're only getting a fraction of it through the Hotline Miami narrative. I really liked the story in this one so far, getting a lot more answers than expected and the timelines raise good questions that I think will be answered in other play throughs, the attention to detail is insane.

Favorite song so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tyMscnEw6s

Favorite from HM1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb6kPmnEpOQ

16. U fucker I still haven't beat it :laughing: although that does make a lot of sense . Honestly after I played the first one I was dying for a sequel and now will most likely be dying for the third installment.

My fav tracks from the first game were the final level and also the music from Jackets apartment.

I'm only half way through tops. You figure out the Cold War thing by first or second Hawaii segment. Compared to shit about 50B, the Fans or the ending I don't really consider that a spoiler, its more of a lore explanation. I did have the ending spoiled for me but I'm more interested in seeing how everything gets to that point more than I'm upset about finding out how it ends. That said, I'm not sure there can be a 3. Catch up so we can talk about story man. I should have it beat today or tomorrow.

18. It's all good this thread is fully up for any discussion of the game and the story is something a lot won't understand so explanations are welcome. I'm out of town but luckily brought my Vita so I can continue my game through that . The first was full of so many unanswered questions that this one should be able to tie up the loose ends.

Hey out of all the Characters who is your favorite? I've only gotten to the first Hawaii level but I'm goin with Alex and Ash. The dual character usage is pretty sick and I can fire around corners without being in harms way. Plus the chainsaw will kill brutes. Least favorite is the journalist. Unless you're punches are lethal ,like Tony , you have no excuse not to pick up and use a gun .

Favorite character is definitely The Son (the son of the mob boss from the first game) then probably Tony and Beard.

You can pick up weapons with the journalist. You just have to kill a couple people first. You can get an achievement for completing his story without killing anyone but after your screen goes red you can use weapons.

I'm pretty stoked to start making my own levels. The level editor was leaked but I haven't bothered messing around with it yet.

20. The Son is definitely badass. Dude this game is such a mind fuck I still am trying to piece together everything.

It's such a nice improvement from the first IMO although I did like the first's soundtrack a little more.