Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hot water vs. cold water

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by imadamnlegend, Jan 9, 2011.

1. I'm not sure which i prefer. Cold water ensures a smooth cool hit, but hot water makes steam which seems to help me take fatter hits.

Which is your preference?

2. I don't mind whether it is cold or not... but you should've put regular COLD water. I've never like frozen water and put it in my bong, just cold.

3. boiling water keep mixing my smoke with water vapour and made my mouth hotter than normal
    colder the better

4. I've heard that hotter water helps the smell to dissipate more. so I usually use hot water if I'm toking in the shower or something, because i don't want the smell to stick around.

I like cold water usually though. I don't put ice in, because I dont have an icecatcher and I dont want to break the downstem with falling ice.

5. cold water hands down. snow/ ice too. it makes the hits so smooth

6. Warm or room temp water will give you a smoother hit. And to make it even smoother, add ice if you have an ice catcher

7. Gotta be ice cold. Literally. We always add ice. When we were younger we'd even stop by McDonalds on the way home and order a cup of ice at the drive-thru window, and nothing else.

8. Cold water & Snow lol ; ] ( Or Ice )

Picture : Snow Bong

[​IMG]

But I have to say , Boiling water in the bong is good for when you have a cold & you can't handle it on your throat :smoking::smoking::smoking: ...

9. Not hot but like a warm cup of coffee is the best for fat rips because it is super smooth. but I'm usually to lazy to microwave so cold/room temp usually.

10. cold water :bongin:
    Tried warm water hits but maybe cause I am still relatively new and don't exactly have iron lungs yet the hit throws me into a coughing frenzy lol

11. I usually use cold/room temp, but if I'm sick or just feelin' a steamy hit, I love warm/hot water. Warm water actually filters more tar out of the smoke (the bong water gets way more dirty) and the hits are suuuuper smooth since the warm steam soothes your throat. You can't even feel the hit.

Warm water has a different feel to it which makes me mainly prefer cold water, but warm water definitely has its times.

12. ice cold water...god danm is that realy snow in your bong ?

13. if you put too much ice in it can damage your lungs (if the ice is like 2 inch/4cm away from your mouth) but i agree cold water is better although ive never tried hot water.. i may one day though :p but snow in a bong (not snow balls, but powdery snow) makes the hit so unbelievabley smooth!!! SNOW FTW! :smoking:

14. I do just normal temp tap water. Tried it with ice cold water once, hurt my lungs. Felt TOO cold if you know what I mean.

15. ice cold from my tap and some snow from outside my window