Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hot water bong hits? Or with ice too?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Codee, Jul 12, 2011.

1. well i'm not trying to hurt your feelings i just think there's better things to do than drown people in water

2. I don't think I ever alluded to doing that at any point. Just pointing out misconceptions of pneumonia.
    And don't worry, my feelings are still intact.

3. The reason Hot> Cold BUT Cold>roomtemp for a lot of people, is because room temp does nothing to the vapor. Cold makes it cooler obviously, and hot adds steam.

4. this is a joke right? Steam can burn you and there's nothing cold about steam.
    Cold steam = water...

5. I have also found this to be the best for me. The warm water is really soothing to pull through but the ice, as always, makes for a nice cool hit

6. The idea is to use cold water to cool and filter your hits.
    Cool smoke is a smoother hit.

I wouldn't heat up the smoke, seems like the complete opposite thing to me

Chef.

7. Tried it yesterday. Weird at first but the hits where def much smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. They are def smoother but I like my shit ice cold

9. I prefer cold lemon-water....no ice...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. haven't tried it, but I'm going to soon. it makes sense; warm water is still cooler than burning flower, so it would still cool down the smoke, and water will still trap many toxins. But as someone who has throat problems and stomach acid issues, I have done the homework and have the experience to know that freezing or cold water causes throat spasms and can irritate the throat more. Warm water is suggested for soothing throat muscles. Think I'll give this a shot today

11. I have a bong with a ice catcher so that the smoke runs through that + the cool water chamber, with a brand new screen it's the smoothest but I'll have to try really hot water one of these days.

12. Yep. The moisture from the hot water helps quite a bit as smoking and dabbing tend to dry out your airways. Much more effective than ice IMO.

13. Much like when you steam up a shower brother, the heat will cause it to steam. There wont be any visible steam but youll get a rejuvinating feeling on a coarse throat. If im sick I'll hit it with warm water, nothing too hot with a half squeezed lemon in it. Otherwise im just a room temp and rip that shit kinda guy.
    If you want a soothing effect or something to help you while you condition yourself I suggest one of those cold throat lollies that give you that chill. Pull after having one and youll feel fresh af.

Happy toking broh.

"Water is the most important natural component we have today
    It makes up our world, our bodies
    It has the ability to destroy, and create
    It is the healing component, THC"

14. This thread's funny.

15. 1549241078057.jpg
    Although the crap you are wanting to dissolve is not a gas it's solid and liquid particles suspended in the air, and anything water soluble is crap you don't want and that is going to dissolve much faster in hot water simply because everything is moving around much more rapidly, it's like time is sped up at a microsopic level as far as the motion of particles is concerned, that's what temperature is a measure of in the first place, and I can say from experience that hot bong water gets yellowish green colored much faster than cold water which means it's removing crap you don't want to inhale, however I did notice less solid crap left in the water than with cold so I like to use hot slightly soapy (lower surface tension so more contact between smoke and water) water in the ash catcher, cold water in the bong (40cm stemless 6 honeycomb plates + cyclone/vortex plate above as splash guard) and ice in the ice catcher part and I have never had smoother better tasting hits from a bong even when clearing a full bowl at once it's super clean tasting no nasty resin taste at all which was almost miraculous at first.

16. They say if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. As far as filtering goes if you're concerned about the nasty particles in pot smoke then a joint would be best. Unfiltered joints filter out more crap than bongs. The bong you have with all those bubblers will cool the smoke just fine without any liquid in it at all. Plus your bong will require less frequent cleanings to keep the nasty resin taste away. Vaporizers remain the healthiest way to smoke pot followed by unfiltered joints. Not surprisingly the number one most healthy way to smoke pot is to smoke the most potent weed you can find. I haven't put water in my bongs or rigs for years and it makes smoking more pleasant.

Marijuana Water Pipe and Vaporizer Study

• Like Like x 1