hot/spicy food makes you higher?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cdot, Apr 10, 2015.

1. ok, so I'm pretty grilled right now, and I decided to eat last nights leftovers, and it has a very hot peppery sauce. I'm munching down on it, and before I know it my im twice as stoned as I was.

am I imagining this??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Do you cough a lot while eating food as such?  At times when you cough blood rushes a lot faster giving you a temporary effect that can get you a "higher" feeling once you are high. I felt that before.

3. na I was sweating and stuff but no coughing. and my head was on fire it was hot stuff. was weird, but cool haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. It's probably just your brain all like "omg what the fuck is going on, I'm high and the tongue is sending me burning signals WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO" 

5. The spicy sauce probably contained capsaicin from chili peppers, which is known as a natural blood thinner. This can give you a head rush.

6. I LOVE spicy food when I'm baked. It doesn't get me any higher, but for me the spicyness helps eradicate my munchies and fills me up quicker, gotta love cajun fasho.

7. Doesn't have any effect on me... Other than spending the next morning on the toilet if the food was really spicy.

8. For me, food usually makes the high go away faster.

9. is it possible you were just high?

10. Spicy food can give you a nice low endorphin buzz on its own.  As to how that combines with a nice smoke, I couldn't tell you, but I can definitely tell you how relaxed and at ease I've felt after getting through a dish that's way above my normal spice level.

11. Some people breathe through their mouth a lot and relatively quickly when eating spicy food. Gives you the same sort of effect as a runner's high would. That might be it. 

12. Spicy food makes my nose runny

I love spicy food but I hate runny noses!

[​IMG]

13. When I take a sip of milk before and after each hit, I got blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazed. Don't know exactly how, but could be that something is helping with absorption or maybe it coating my throat is doing something.... I don't know.. I'm gone lol. Right now my head is just buzzing to the music and that's about all focus I got. 

14. ive heard spicey foods and like pineapples do that. [​IMG]

15. #16 1Backlash1, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2015
    I dare to argue for the milk. But I will admit we are all individuals so if it don't work for you, so sad. 

16. Endorphins (the body's natural pain killers) are released to counter act the pain caused by the capsaicin.