Hot Shot Pest Strips

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by badfish13337, Oct 28, 2010.

1. So, many of you have recommended use of Hot Shot pest strips. I bought one, and I'm kind of worried about the warnings. On the package, it says not to use them in your home.

My grow is in my bedroom closet. The air in there is exhausted through a carbon filter. Should I discontinue use?

Also, I'm using them for spider mites and fungus gnats.

2. Yeah the warnings are kind of scary! I think it says not to use in an area that you spend more than 4 hours in, at least mine does. My closet is in an adjacent room with a scrubber, so any fumes I think are getting blown into my attic.

If you have enough ventilation then I think you might be OK. Personally I don't see much effect from the strips. I've been mass murdering gnats with "Don't Bug Me!" (Fox Farms), no idea how it is on mites - and I hope to never have to find out!

Good luck!

3. Well, it exhausts into my bedroom, but it does go through a carbon scrubber. I always have my window partially open.

Hopefully I don't have any bad side effects.. :eek:

4. Badfish, I was using them for a while too. I stopped tho, because of the warnings and them not really working worth a shit.

I figured I could handle the bugs without the caution of using the strips, I also didnt want to kill my animals. I think there was a caution on animals on the package.

5. I have had great success with them. You do have to be careful and decide when to apply. Place in your grow area at lights out, turn off all fans and vents. At lights on vent the space and adjoining room without being in it..............kick on the fans and leave for a couple of hours. When you return, place the strip back in it's pakg. and tape shut. Continue this at lights out for a week and you will have no more pests. If I were within about three wks. of harvest I would'nt use them. peace B