Hot Sauce Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by OG Steve, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Any other hot sauce enthusiast out there lol. I put ALOT of hot sauce on most food and people just look at me like im crazy but it just makes things taste way better to me. My favorite hot sauce right is tapatio sauce.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I'd also like to give a special shout out to salsa verde, cholula sauce, and louisiana hot sauce you sauces are appreciated :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 ColoradoToking, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
    Cholula 4 lyfe

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's all about taco shop hot sauce. The hotter the better.

The hot sauce will make or break a taco shop for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. my current favorite!
    [​IMG]

6. I like hot sauce, but I prefer the food first. Hot sauce is not make or break it for me, though I love a good green sauce.

7. My bf has 14 different hot sauces in my kitchen. One of his favorites is "Slap Yo Mamma"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Secret Aardvark has really good sauce hot sauce and a nice price too. If you like super-hot sauces then go for CaJohns or PuckerButt Pepper Company. They are all of the highest quality, I can assure you. Another good one is Volcanic Peppers. Good sauces and pepper powders. Also Alamo Peppers - Dried super-hot flakes and powders. So good on just about any kind of food. Cheers!!! :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Mad dog 357 has a good taste but its an extreme hot sauce

10. If you like roasted tomato salsa, here's a good recipe:

2 x 28oz cans of roasted tomatoes (Or you can roast 20 roma tomatoes, and remove skin)
    20 dried chiles de arbol
    2 dried pasilla chiles
    1 1/2T salt
    6T white wine vinegar
    3t brown sugar
    1/4c shelled and roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
    1/2c fresh scallions
    1/2 fresh cilantro

Simmer tomatoes, salt, and chiles for 30 minutes. Add the vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes.
    Let it cool and blend with the other ingredients. Bottle and charge $6 per bottle.
    If you want it hotter, you can always substitute dried habaneros for chile de arbol...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Two favorite sauces. They're all good but these ones win in my opinoon.
    Black label Valantina and sriacha.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I love Texas Pete on anything, it’s more for flavor not so much for heat. If we are talking heat I have a Blair’s ultra death that offers a little flavor when you 1st try it then it turns into an unpleasant inferno.