Hot or cold?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Elliot Plur, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Is it better to use cold water or hot water with a bong? Does it have any effect on the smoke at all?
    I've heard many different answers for this and wanted to hear from more people, that know ALOT more about this than I do.
    Is it just personal preference, or is there an actual effect from the water's temperature?

2. cold water will cool down the smoke immensely allowing for much fatter hits while warm water gives an almost sauna-like feel to the throat but the smoke is harsher . Ice cold ftw :bongin:

3. Personal preference.

Most people seem to prefer cold water, the colder the better. Cold water actually makes it feel more harsh to me, I prefer room temperature or even warm/hot water in mine. Feels smoother for me.

4. I've never really tried it with anything more than room-temperature water.

Also, does the water quality (tap, bottled, distilled, etc.) have any effect as well?

5. I guess it could affect the taste if you have extra sensitive taste buds or something, but I doubt most people would ever notice any difference. :p

6. I never really tried with anything more than tap water. I'll test around with my waters and stuff next few days or so and see what I come up with...