Hot conditions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Whodi, Sep 13, 2006.

1. This is my first grow and I got a 400watt mh/hps system. I am using it in a decent size closet 8 feet high, 5 wide. It is 73 degrees without the light. Now it's been about 90-95, even with a circulating fan. I had no idea it would get this hot. The ballast is outside the closet. My 4 seeds have sprouted above soil within 4 days after using the paper towel method. They have been under a 400watt MH, at 3 feet above the plants, for about 18 hours now. I was going to do 24/0 but it's too hot in there. So i'm doing 18/6.
    I can't affors to buy a new air coolable reflector and inline fan right now. So I guess i'll just take it day by day and see how it turns out. Do you think they will survive in this condition? Should I water them more?

2. probably the small space.
    when i did a wardobe in summer i needed a fan to push air in and one to push air out and a third to circulate it. I also stuck computer heatsinks ont he fans and the reflectors. MAnaged to get it normal eventually. Tihink u just have to move things around untill you have the right airflow.
    have fun fiddling about
    ;)

3. Should I leave the door open with a fan blowing air in, or will i lose too much light?

4. Open the door.