Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hot boxing the car...does it work???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thebaker92, Dec 8, 2008.

1. #1 thebaker92, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2008
    Hey im just curious if smoking a joint in the car with all the windows up and sitting in it will get you more high. My friend told me that it doesnt do anything but if your constantly inhaling smoke wouldnt it get u more high?? i hope i worded this right im blazed as fuck

lol sry dude im blazed as fuck thnx lol

2. All THC from the hit is absorbed by your body when you inhale and hold the hit for a couple seconds so you're sitting in a car full of stale smoke from all your friends' lungs. It is a pretty fun experience however to do it occasionally but it also gives a cop probable cause when you get pulled over and your car reeks.

EDIT-And by the way it's windows UP dude....

3. Hot boxing is always one of those things ive never really had proven in action. Ive done it many of times, but never really seen it make a difference. Heres something to consider though, I heard it called a jamacian shower. Go in your bathroom, turn the water on max hot. Let it steem up the bathroom, then try to hotbox the bathroom. Supposely your pores are open from the moisture in the air, allowing the weed to get more into your system. Ive tried it twice, and I got pretty ripped. Only downsize is that it gets a little uncomfortable if your in there to long.

4. ^^^ lol yeah. it gets really hot

5. I have a truck with a cap on the back and about 2 years ago we hot boxed that. I don't know if it was a placebo or not but I thought it worked pretty well...

6. No, hot boxing does not get you higher. I have a friend who went on a blunt ride with the windows up and he was getting drug tested at the time and tested negative a week later which means no THC got into his body.

7. Actually if you think about it
    when you smoke a joint or a blunt and as the ember burns all that smoke goes up and you dont get any.. but if you hotbox then it fills up the car and you get the blunt smoke.
    and when i hotbox i feel a difference.

8. So if hotboxing doesn't work whats the deal with shotguns?
    I mean, isn't it like, the same concept basically?

9. if your talking mouth to mouth shotguns then yes. If your talking mouth-blunt-mouth shotguns then no thats just getting a really big hit

10. Personally, I do feel a difference when hotboxing a car, but really only when the car is extremely smoked out, like, arm fully extended, cant see your hand kind of smoked out.

And Cheef, what do you mean mouth to mouth shotguns???

11. Lol. like if me and you were smoking a blunt or w.e then i put my mouth on one side while urs is on the other, and me or you blow while another inhales (i think)

But if that's the case, when only doing mouth to mouth or blunt to mouth blah blah blah. Whats up with the whole "can't smoke because your teeth are pulled??" "Blow the smokke into a cup that was sitting in a freezer, then you can drink the smoke!"

or blowing smoke into a bag and what not. lol.

12. you described mouth to blunt to mouth. A mouth to mouth shotgun is when one person takes a good rip, locks lips with someone, and exhales as the second person inhales.

don't smoke in anyway until you're guns are healed. All that other crap won't work it's still smoke. The only way to safely get high would be food or maybe a vape.

13. i dont think it gets u higher, but it sure is a fun. nothin like sittin in ur car with a couple friends and smokin blunts untill u cant see whose sitting next to u

14. Oh ii know what they are. i was just telling the other guy what they were, just not in a good explanation. I know what they all do and shit. I was just clarifying my own questions i had besides the OP of the thread.

15. HAHHAH no1 answered his question. hotboxing DOES get you higher. When you take hits from a joint/blunt, THC is escaping from the joint itself and after you exhale. When you "hit" a joint not all the THC is absorbed. However, if you hotbox, the THC that hasnt been inhaled prior circulates throughout the car, thus getting you higher because you constantly inhale the THC that you would have missed outside.

Not that crediable but a quick overview, you can ask any1.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_smoking
    scroll down to hotboxing

16. I believe hotboxing IS more effective, because all of the smoke wafting around you will remind you that you're fucking COOKED!

17. I'd say I suppose it would, but not much and you shouldn't really do it just to get higher - more just bcause it's cool/fun.

We boxed a car on a big hill and had to break it twice because we were all having trouble breathing lol.

18. ha ive done that without even knowing people did it and i think how high u get anywhere like in ur bathroom depends on ur tolerance cuz i hadnt smoked in a while and did that bathroom thing two nights in a row the first night packed my bowl which is very deep btw and was pretty high, next night same everything but not really that high

19. I think it does get you higher but it isn't worth it because if you get pulled over by a cop you're gonna get searched and if you have anything you're fucked. I'd prefer a jamaican rain forest anyways.

20. I only hotbox when I'm not going home or goin anywhere...cause you smell like chronic forever. I don't know if it works or not, it's just fun.