Hoss glass

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by michaelsmith42, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Just got a new 9 mm hoss glass bong what a beast it is. have you guys ever heard of hoss and if so what do you think about them?

2. yah, it's garbage...but enjoy your piece

3. Hoss is awful... They pretty much take designs from all the top blowers today (JP, 2011bc, SG, etc.) and attempt to recreate them at a large discount in price as well as a large loss in quality.

4. Its not garbage bro, they're good bongs that toke smoothly.
    I have heard that they use a lesser quality glass, and they do out source their contracting to Chinese factories for cheaper labour... theyre still pretty expensive though.
    Regardless of this they have good designs (mostly taken from other companies like PHX's honeycomb filter, or illadelphs coil condenser), and like i said they toke great.
    My room mate has a honeycomb filter base, single perc insert, with a coil condense on top. When the coil condense is cold, you can't even feel the smoke.

5. They might hit nice yes, but the designs are being stolen with no credit given to the original designer. There craftsmanship is terrible as well, have a good look at their tree percs for example, they're crooked. Not to mention they are overpriced, I could justify paying a hefty amount if it was quality glass but its China! Why spend $200 on a "build a bong" which was stolen from 2011bc when you can get a legitimate, quality, no drag bong for around $300.

6. I mean I'm all for hyping up local blowers, but it's not gonna happen when Hoss is stealing his designs and selling them even more overpriced than a Roor.

7. I agree they might be a little overpriced, which doesn't help the argument. If they were super cheap i would defend them to the end but you're right there not....
    I still think they are a legitimate company. Sure i could by a PHX with their patented honeycomb filter with 200 laser drilled holes, but the base model is like 470 canadian. And im pretty sure it was a straight tube (other then the honeycomb diffuser). Or maybe i could buy an illadelph coil condense and spent upwards of 700...The hoss i described in my other post was 400 dollars, and with the added cooling i bet it makes for an equal or nicer hit then both those bongs.
    I agree they're not the best bong company. I just don't agree with calling them "garbage" or "awful". perhaps "not the best" or "could be better".

8. enjoy your bong bro

welcome to the world of everything ever. no idea has ever been kept to one company. but you dont go around saying "that t-shirt is shitty, they stole the original t-shirt design from the first t-shirt ever made" thats where competitive marketing comes from. and why there are more than one company for everything.

and when you get down to it a bong is a bong, regardless of make or brand. say you and me were buddys, and i bought my hoss and you bought your 2010 bc glass, same height and specs. they would give out the same exact hits...well..you spent 100$ more on yours...so actually maybe i have better dank and i get higherrrrrr.

i dunno man, its all opinion. my dad has hit every glass bong i own, yet when i offered him a bong he took my acrylic because he actually liked it more than any bong i own.

9. It is a completely different market though, its art. Any artist who were to steal the design and concept of a piece of work would be frowned upon. As far as comparing 2 pieces one made by 2011bc vs Hoss. I can guarantee the hit would not be the exact same at all, the diffusion of the 2011bc would be much greater than that of the Hoss hands down providing for a smoother hit. I never said anything about personal preference and your right everyone has a right to their own opinion. But the truth is you pay for what you get.... usually. In the case of the Hoss you overpay for poor quality.

10. You act like Hoss is the only glass blowing company to steal concepts from others. They all do it. And your "you get what you pay for" doesn't really apply when you're trying to say that it isn't worth the price you pay.

11. yeah your right, artists totally dont steal from other artists..

and as for quality of peices
    HOSS on a hardwood floor countless times
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mdATGyziIY&playnext=1&list=PL2C79BB9A6E368253]YouTube - Hoss 7mm Bouncing Beaker (#YO42)[/ame]

2010 BC GLASS on carpet once
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGXwZlaGwIY]YouTube - TOKEDADDYSLIM BREAKS HIS BONG!!![/ame]

his is a smaller bong too, meaning it hit the ground with less momentum and was not going as fast.

even if your diffusion is a little better, its the weed that gets you high.

the game

12. Not all bongs are art bro. Some are simply functional devices.
    Im on the same page as fourtwenty, its ALL preference.
    Although hoss might not use the best glass, there 7mm bongs seem mighty strong:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mdATGyziIY]YouTube - Hoss 7mm Bouncing Beaker (#YO42)[/ame]

13. muhahah beat you too it

14. Hahaha shit bro you're quick... you went farther and got the proof of 2011bc's weakness haha :hello: I think we've proven that hoss is a fine bong brand. Not the best but still worth it.

15. i've done my research many times :smoke:

16. Hoss is cool, they just get bad rep from their shitty build a bongs from a while back.

But every bong I've ever hit from hoss has been great, and it isn't even close to as overpriced as other companies.

17. i love there build a bong line, building mine as we speak

but yeah, if your going to talk about over priced im sure there are other companys that come to mine first

18. I've seen the unbreakable bong video many times, and yes it is impressive but that's 1 bong. I've had a few friends with Hoss' and I've seen the percs break when the bong simply tipped over. I mean if you're careful then there is nothing to worry about. But for you to say that the quality of the Hoss is greater than that of a SG, 2011bc, SGW, etc is ridiculous. A Hoss compared to a SG is like comparing a Civic to a Ferrari. They both run but one sacrifices quality for a more fair price. While the Ferrari is expensive but should not disappoint. I will agree with you that yes it's all personal preference, but a word of advice would be that if you have the cash to afford Hoss you might as well spend the extra $100 and buy a better quality piece.

19. goes for any thing made of glass. even if i spent the extra 100 i would still have to be careful.