Hose clamp vs Ducting tape

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Let The Good Times Raul, Sep 19, 2017.

1. for my 4 in crabon filter i was gonna go carbon filter>fan>duct>outside of tent since im using an led that doesnt put out much heat. i only have duct clamps for the connection between the fan and duct but was wondering if i should add tape to both connections for more security and seal. i was going to connect my fan to the tent via zip ties and carbon filter with belts that came with it. i was also wondering if i can bypass using the duct portion since my dimensions are pretty tight or mount the filter and fan vertically without any problem. i have around 30 extra cfms between the fan and tent size so hopefully that is enough to still create negative air pressure within the tent which is 18"x18"x48". this is the last thing i have to take care of before i buy my tent and fan and begin growing so all help is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. One thing that might help you, the filter should fit to the fan without any ducting at all. At least that's how it worked with my 6" VIVOSUN fan and filter. The filter slides right onto the fan.

20170812_192625-1024x576.jpg

I only received 2 clamps with my setup. I used zip ties on the other connections. It's worked well so far.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yeah just depends on the brand mine definitely requires something between the fan and filter where ive seen plenty on ebay that are built like yours where it can be assembled without it.

4. That sucks. Connecting them directly together would save you time, trouble and material.

5. For me, all my carbon filter fans are placed outside the grow space, as anything that generates heat other than your light and the oscillating fan(s) used to keep the airflow moving around in your grow space will cause heat and humidity fluctuations that make it that much harder to control your grow spaces environment more precisely.