Hortilux 315

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Papa Puff, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Hey kids, any of u running the new hortilux 315 cmh? If so what do think? How much heat does it put off. Hoping not much with all the coolers in hood? Also has anyone used the hortilux bulb in there 315? I couldn't get mine to run in my cheap generic 315?[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. Some bulbs have to be fired vertically or horizontally others can be either....have you tried different positions?

• Like Like x 2
  3. No. Guys at hydro gave me another bulb. It flickers and doesnt light. But my phillips bulb no problem. Guys at hydro said u are running it pointing down. I showed him my pic he was like cool. This guy and his dad been growing for 30 years cargivers. So he knows

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here is my cheap 315. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not sure then...if they know they should have a better answer for ya.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Them are some tall ladies ya got there man nice!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm just wondering if it's just my hood or are other people having problems running that bulb? It is one hell of a bulb I did get it to run a couple of days so I don't know I mean it can't be the timer strip? They do have kind of resets in these things so you can't just turn it off popping the other light bulb and try to fire it up without the timer. That would tell me if maybe it's just my timer. I guess I'll pull that sumbitch down today at lights out taking in the hall see if I can get that hortilux bulb to run before I do what I want to do. And the other reason I'm asking about that light is it's a sweet life and it has coolers in it my body grow to grow things I should get a separate ballast outside of my room which is a good idea except for will I be able to run that bulb? If I buy one of those from Amazon I can't just take it back or do what I can do it Hydro.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I vegged outside that's why I grew Christmas tree style so I can stay calm down and then I made a deal with my wife to turn my light back on. I just couldn't leave that gorilla skunk and critical out there for the Rippers at 5 ft tall when you can see in my yard like I have zero footwall

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I brought them in about 10 days ago cuz it's so f****** hot I brought them in right before the heat wave so they never got none of the stunting. They stretch the foot in 10 days under an CMH

• Like Like x 1
  10. So yeah I'm kind of like these things are really stretched out I guess it has something to do with the heat of Summer whenever I grow them out here and summer they stretch like that the plants I brought outside during the winter stayed squatty

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vegged under sun so cant blame a light in that lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah that would be risky, I'd say ask the guys if they ever heard of this issue before...maybe they got a case of bad bulbs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well I'm a drag my light down there today and let them play with it. I've been wanting to buy a second CMH though. Don't know if it's exactly this was the time but I am selling my golf cart today and I've actually had a few bucks in my pocket so I don't mind putting it back into my grow room. That room is 6 by 9 and I hit pretty damn good coverage in there with just one CMH as you can see in the picture but what to I would rock. I also could take one of those lights and do another room maybe get some Autos running