Horror movie recommendations

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by zsawevv5555, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hi all.
    I'm a bit of a horror fanatic and I was wondering if any of you can recommend and good horror flicks that I might not have seen.
    The only kind of horror that I really don't like are the current crop of "Saw" clones, and Texas chainsaw massacre type slasher films, I just find them uncomfortable to watch.
    My favorites include
    Jacobs Ladder (one of the best films of any genre in my opinion and genuinely disturbing on a number of levels)
    Antichrist (violent but with a really interesting message)
    The Exorcist (One of the first movies I ever saw that actually made me sleep with the lights on for a while)
    The Hunger (really bizarre 80's vampire film with David Bowie)
    The company of wolves (amazingly filmed Werewolf movie, the cinematic equivalent of smoking opium)
    A Clockwork Orange (Not sure if I can categorize this as a horror, but certainly upsetting)
    So does anyone have any gems of movies that I may have missed?

2. I was going to say Jacob's Ladder... uhm
    Tale of Two Sisters(korean) The Eye (original), The Omen(original), the Shining, Ju-On(korean), the Audition, The Thing, The Changeling, the Ring..

3. "Let The Right One In", "The Exorcist" "Rosemary's Baby", "Turning of the screw", "The Orphanage" to name a few.

:smoke:

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhtVkiTn8I]YouTube - Prom Night Trailer[/ame]

5. #5 Spindles, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
    well, i got really scared when i watched the Twilight Zone end of last year, the scene where hes on the plane ): and Gremlins, that was pretty scarey and gross but i liked it. also got scared watching Inconviniant Truth-Al Gore )': ..

but i like-
    easy rider,
    rumble in shanghai
    saturday night fever,

up in smoke, nice dreams, they are some of my favourite movies :)

6. up in smoke is one of the best movies ever
    + rep for easy rider jacky nick is the shiiiit in that movie:hello:

7. love all of Rob Zombies Movies. House of a 1000 corpses / Devils Rejects / and his twist on the Halloween Movies.

if you are looking for something twisted.. I rented Salo or 120 days of Sodom off of netflix. apparently it is one of the hardest movies to watch all the way through and is still banned in most countries.

Cabin Fever is awesome once you realize that the writer and director are not trying to make a serious movie. yes, all the holes in the plot were put there on purpose...

i could list a million classics, but being a horror buff, im sure you've already seen em.

watched the Poltergeist movies when i was way too young, was scared to look in the mirror for a while there :wave:

8. Strays.

If you can find it...funniest fucking scary movie ever.
    (i find horror hillarious)

9. 2001 Maniacs, its not really worth the plot, but its worth a laugh.

Pandorum

Silent Hill

Or Any of George A. Romero's movies, but that's just my opinion.

10. Dead Alive

11. Here are some of my favorites:

-REC
    -30 Days of Night
    -The Ring (chills)
    -Dawn of the Dead (remake)
    -Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake)
    -Scream
    -Nightmare on Elm Street (original)

Uhh cant think of any more now but those should do.

12. bumping this thread because i just thought of this for some reason.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY0WYSt7JMA&feature=related]YouTube - Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood Trailer[/ame]

13. Suspiria
    Zombi 2
    Deep Red
    BrainDead / Dead Alive
    Phantasm
    Battle Royale
    Noroi: The Curse
    A Tale of Two Sisters
    Ringu
    Audition
    Ichi The Killer
    Pink Flamingos
    Re-Animator
    Bad Taste
    City of the Living Dead
    The Beyond
    The Shining
    Cannibal Holocaust
    Suicide Club
    The Untold Story

Sorry, im a horror buff, some of my faves :)

14. I also like watch Horror movies and having huge collection in this types of movies, like The Ring, The Shining, Friday the 13th, Zombiland and Last destination Series are the best movies and really Interesting.

15. the night of the giving head

16. Revenge of the Gang Bang Zombies is a pretty good sequel too :D

17. You should get netflix its only like 7$ a month and they have quite a good selection. After a while it can get repetitive though.

18. Why is this in fashion?