Horror Films

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Nin, Dec 3, 2010.

1. go to www.rotten.com if that website is still up and running idk i went there once and never returned.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Any Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. Nothing like hearing the sound of a chainsaw blasting through your surround sound system.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Aliens movies are scary. I can't think of anyting worse than getting a facehugger on you lol.

Also like the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th. The Ring was a good one too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I love the first two, just ordered the Collectors Edition of 2 and the unrated version of 3, which I have yet to see.

5. There has been a bit of a revival in the atmospheric horror genre lately, albeit a small one. The films that have stood out to me recently have been It Follows, The Witch, The Babadook, The House of the Devil, Martyrs, and a few others I can't recall off the top of my head.

Sadly at least 90% of modern horror is garbage with jump scares and cheap CGI. I prefer a tension so thick you can cut it with a knife. I also love surrealist stuff like David Lynch films and while I wouldn't call all of them purely horror they draw feelings of discomfort. The old Italian films are pretty great too.

Hard to beat opening credits like this.

6. Just watched get out. First horror movie to terrify me without any jump scares. Fucking hate jump scares

7. ;wub: october is close!! ;wub:

[​IMG]

8. I love the paranormal activity movies

9. This would be epic to accomplish. I don't know if I have that kind of commitment in me, though.

10. you got a favorite of the franchise?

11. Till 30 I didn`t learn to watch horror movies=) I`m affrid as a child...especially at night...

12. The Ring fkd me up when it came out.

I wasn't really squeamish or anything during horror movies, but for whatever reason, that little bish scared the life out of me.
    The dreary, gray, rainy mood of the movie majorly added to the atmosphere.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Conjuring ones were pretty scary imo especially the second.

14. where ya asses we are halfway through October already

what are you guys watching lately? anything good? couple newer movies I watched like It Follows, and You're Next. Did not like either one. best to just stick to the classics but I can't help myself sometimes. IT was good, though. So all hope is not lost yet

15. yall suuck

best month to getchur horror on and this thread DEAD

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Horror is not my preferred genre. Silents, pre-code and especially Film Noir are my favorites.
    I don't talk much about the old films at GC. Around here 1990 is an old movie.

Hands of Orlac - 1924 Silent
    A concert pianist is involved in a train wreck. New hands are attached but they belong to a murderer.
    This is one of the great films of German impressionist horror.
    Hands-of-Orlac-Poster-2.jpg

17. Love this movie!!!
    mamma-poster.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2