Horrid anxiety.. Any help?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MichaelScarn, May 1, 2015.

1. I wanna start by saying that I have pretty bad anxiety issues as it is, which is why I smoke. Recently I bought a "kong 2" vape at a local store. Used it daily for about 3 weeks and realized it was an off brand Titan 2 by hebe. After reading about the potential health hazard, I stopped immediately. Now my anxiety is thru the roof because people were saying that the Titan 2 might be giving off plastic fumes. I used this for weeks. I'm terrified I'm gonna have some horrid effects soon from it. I never tasted or smelled plastic when using it. The vape tasted like popcorn I guess I would describe it. Should I be as freaked out as I am? Anything to calm me down would help..

I understand you guys aren't doctors. I just am sketched tf out

2. there are people who work in horrible industrial conditions and have inhaled alot more crap and for a longer period of time than you have, you'll be fine

3. You're fine.

Except for your excessive use of, "horrid."

That's not fine.

But other than that, you have nothing to worry about. The popcorn taste is when weed is getting close to combustion. Nothing to do with plastic fumes or anything like that.

So take a deep breath and chill. I suggest the 4-7-8 breathing technique for anxiety.

4. Google "popcorn vaporizer" and you'll find tons of sites that basically say...once you taste popcorn, the weed is finished.  Also, I'd try something else, like meditation.  You can read how-tos online.  Weed might help but it'd be good to address your anxiety in other ways as well.

5. Meditate. Try hard and don't try at all to clear your head.

6. #6 1flyfisher, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    You say you have "pretty bad anxiety issues" and "my anxiety is through the roof". Are you seeing a physician? Do you realize that smoking weed can cause and exasperate anxiety and paranoia? Smoking weed for some individuals may cause temporary relief from anxiety but once the weed wears off anxiety can become even worse and more chronic over time and you become more and more dependent. You should see a mental health professional and figure out if you are doing yourself more harm then good with MJ or if you are exasperating underlying conditions. Good Luck.

also IF you started smoking in your teens and now have anxiety later in life that may very likely have been the root cause of your anxiety to begin with.

7. As far as anxiety goes, yes I do see a physician. I try not to smoke too often. Normally, the type of anxiety I get is from worry. And the situation I raised has had my anxiety more harsh than usual. Using the knock off "Titan 2" scared me because of the terrible reviews about it. Using it for weeks, my mind can't get off the fact that I was probably inhaling plastic/toxic fumes unknowingly. Which I know is a very bad situation.

Hey man I have awful anxiety as well. I wouldn't worry too much about the possible plastic fumes since the air quality in most major cities is pretty poor. I get the popcorn taste all the time its completely normal, just means you're getting to the end of your bowl.

Also I've found that vaping a bowl of indica before bed is enough to keep me calm through the entire next day.

I wouldn't go that far. Other drugs such as alcohol can have negative effects on the developing brain as well, Plus the brain doesn't finish fully developing until around 25, so many variables.

10. Good that you see a physician. Is he/she OK with your MJ use? I am assuming this has been ok'd and you aren't self medicating. If it hasn't you better seriously reconsider your MJ use and how it may be helping or hurting by self medicating and talk to a doc, medical professional about it.
    You stated anxiety and "worry" which is a manifestation of nonexistent problems that most people would dismiss. As you stated you are "worried" about adverse health effects from a knock off vape. This anxiety and worry is unwarranted and illogical as it is unlikely you did not do any actual physical damage, but nonetheless it is causing you anxiety. If it makes you sleep better at night or lessens your anxiety over this imagined health issues go see your primary care physician and have some tests done to your breathing, lungs.
     You are seeking medical advice on a message board of stoners. I am guessing you need support and this is why you are posing medical questions here. Talk to a medical professional. Anyway good luck to you.

11. #11 1flyfisher, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    We aren't talking about his use of alcohol we are talking about his use of MJ. The fact that alcohol or other drugs can also have negative effects is irrelevant to his situation if he isn't taking other drugs and is a flawed justification for MJ; also the fact that the brain is not fully developed into your mid 20's is exactly why use of MJ in your teens can cause anxiety and panic attacks to occur and future chronic ongoing conditions with anxiety/panic attacks. They are often a learned behavior and if you induce anxiety or paranoia with MJ(or any other source or cause) in your formative years/teens you just started the triggering responses for them and they can become more and more frequent and occur on their own.

Well if he has used alcohol in his teen years then it absolutely could have played a role in his anxiety. I'm just trying to say that the only way you could be sure that MJ was the root cause would be if he didn't do any other drugs during his teenage years.

Since the brain is not fully developed until the mid twenties couldn't it be possible that the anxiety was going to develop regardless of his MJ or other drug use? Assuming OP is under 25.

13. All he stated was that he is a MJ user and he has anxiety. I don't know this individuals medical history and drug or alcohol use. The fact is MJ use in ones formative years can lead to anxiety and panic attacks so I pointed that out. Whether that was the root cause who knows.   I suggested he seek medical attention for his current anxiety and get an evaluation for his anxiety. I'll just stand by that as I don't want to get into back and forth nonsensical scenarios and possibilities.

14. Fair enough, just having discussion.