Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Horrible trip. What happened?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Paradox256, Oct 1, 2012.

1. #1 Paradox256, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
    Last night I smoked a J with my friend as well as a bowl from his pipe. We've been doing stuff like that regularly for about a month and it's always been an amazing and hilarious trip until last night.

Basically, I thought I was gonna die. Classic, right? Well it fuckin sucked. There was a huge pressure in my head, then a few seconds later it got more intense, then more intense a few seconds later again. I thought I was gonna pass out. But it gets worse. After that, my heart started RACING. I mean, damn, speedy gonzales has nothing on my heart! Lol. But yeah it was racing and my heart hurt (or maybe it was my lungs? Hahaha) as well as my neck when I moved my head around a certain way. Oh and about the pressure, it just got worse and worse so I literally thought I was like having an aneurysm or something. It was horrible. I thought I was dying, I almost had my friend call an ambulance but I knew it would end on its own. So for about 20 minutes I was trippin out and thought I was gonna die from a heart attack or aneurysm. I also had a tunnel vision. I stopped trippin, and for another 20 minutes, while I wasn't having a horrible trip anymore, I still felt odd. I mean, it went to a good high thankfully, but I felt like there was liquid in my head, and that the blood was being forced through a really tiny blood vessel. It just felt plain weird. Then a few minutes after that stopped (which was for about another 20 minutes) we smoked a cigarette and I felt like Jesus lol.

So my question to everybody is, what the hell happened? I'm still going to smoke weed. But why did I trip out so bad? I've smoked danker and stronger shit before, as well as more of it at one time and this has never happened before. I don't think it was laced either because my friend got the weed from his friend who buys from a club. And because he didn't trip out like I did.

Oh yeah and the weed was apparently called "God's Gift" and is an indica. Althought my friend and I have BEEN smoking indica with no problems.

2. I get that from strong weed that was harvested too early. The high gets out of balance. Not so bad but the anxiety and everything. It goes away.

3. #3 GSN1PA360, Oct 1, 2012
    Must have just been some dank or it hit you differently than you're used to... The more you smoke the less shit like that happens though haha I guess it's just a matter of getting used to :smoke:.

Also, a trip and being stoned are two different worlds aha.

4. I didn't even read your post...

but the first thing you're doing wrong, is considering a weed high, a "trip".

5. A trip can refer to anything that alters the state of mind pretty much, you could consider being drunk a 'trip'.

6. I feel like most people experience some variation of this scenario at some point in their smoking career.. luckily you were with a good friend and worked through it smoothly :)

I remember my time... I got super high before a catering final (the final was eating a lot of food), and it was my freshman year in high school, a couple months after I had started smoking. I blazed, then was walking to the bus. I had to carry my huge quiche dish, and it was hot out. That combined with the walking and unusual level of highness I had achieved resulted in temporary blindness when I was boarding the bus. It was really scary and I had to feel around for where my dollar went, and definitely looked like something was wrong with me lol. But now I can look back and be thankful that it ended alright and now shit like that doesn't happen to me :smoke:

7. It happens, it wont be the last time it happens. If it happens too often I suggest a t-break or else you might develop an anxiety disorder.

8. #8 Paradox256, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
    And do you know what you're doing wrong? You're telling me useless information that helps me in no way, and are telling me you didn't even read the post, thus admitting to the world you're an ignorant asshole.

That's what you're doing wrong.

But anyway it must have been pretty dank or some shit because that was just awful. And I'm not so sure about the harvested early bit, I mean my friend didn't feel like that, and he gets higher quicker than I do.

Yeah luckily haha. Luckily it also didn't last as long as I've heard of other people. I've heard of them lasting for like 3 hours or even more.

Name-Calling/Disrespect is not allowed here. - KSR

9. #9 TokinUp, Oct 1, 2012
    [quote name='"figarofigaro"']I didn't even read your post...

but the first thing you're doing wrong, is considering a weed high, a "trip".[/quote]

The first thing you did wrong is think you know what a trip is.

And op this happens with certain strains.some strains have more of a trip feel.try smokin a different strain and see if you still have that feeling.

10. u were just higher than a mofo

11. It might have been laced

12. I guess you could say you were tripping in the sense of freaking the fuck out, but more commonly around here, we just call it greening out.

13. Are you sure this was weed and not some synthetic shit? And this can happen if you smoke too much and you're not used to being that high.

A combination of an intense high plus rapid heart beat and paranoia causes stuff like this. If this happens again, drink ALOT of water, and just listen to some chill music.

14. ^^^Like above poster says, somebody may have slipped your buddy some syn. bullshit...and let's try to be civil, not disrespectful....

15. You just psyched yourself out dude. People post on here about the same stuff a lot. People need to learn how to alter their beliefs.
    And do you know why they call it a trip? Because on other drugs it's like you went there and back again man. You might be young if you thought you were tripping, just take it easy man. Weed doesn't have to always be there.

16. I have had similar experiences when I've smoked without having eaten for a day or so. Is it possible that there are some outlying factors that could have come into play here? Any temporary medication? Different sleep habits? Alcohol? ;)

And don't forget mind over matter, keep thinking about where you are and how you got there etc. Remind yourself that its all in your head and try to shape your high, works most of the time for me :)

17. A trip on weed?:confused_2:

18. "I know my weed isn't laced cause my friend got it from someone else who got it in a club" I loled

19. it happened to me atleast 3-4 times when i first started blazing.. It sucks but I knew every time it would eventually go away. One time I threw up and was sick for a day and for some reaosn i was depressed and cried randomly, lol. That was way back though.

20. #20 Paradox256, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    I saw something about it being synthetic, I'm 420% sure it was weed.

Nope, no medication, my sleeping habits are the same, no alcohol. I don't think there were any outside factors.

First of all, I know his friend who got it from the club and have seen his card. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do that. Second, my friend smoked MORE of the same weed and it didn't happen to him. Third, yeah it's real funny.

Anyway. It still puzzles me. I guess I did just psyche myself out. It ain't gonna make me stop smoking weed though that's for sure hahaha. I was just wondering why the hell that happened. Thanks for your answers everybody. Well, most of you, anyway.

please make your point without calling names,
    we do not allow name calling or disrespect..
    _YODA

Noted, sorry about that.