Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

horrible reaction to weed!?!?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tokabowl, Dec 27, 2009.

1. let me begin by saying I am definitely not new to smoking. Although I have only been chiefing for a little over a year, for the past six months I have been smoking daily, pretty consistently.

However, every once and a while (maybe once every month or 2) I will get a horrible reaction right after smoking (a decent amount, maybe 1-1.25 blunt with just 1 friend.

What will happen is about 5 minutes after smoking I will get a weird light headed feeling, and a very anxious feeling, like somthing is going to happen to my body, like I'm going to pass out. Although I'm not sure it is a panic attack, I know from this point on there is really no stopping it, so I get very nervous, anxious and worried.

Then my vision starts to get black from the outsides in. After like 30 seconds I can't see anything, and I'm literally 95% passed out, just barely awak not able to talk. And Im sweating a ton. I haven't comepletly passed out yet, but I have gotten to the closest point possible every time this happens. Then I gotta chill for half hour and have some water, and eventaully it fades and I get back to normal and I'm high and I enjoy it for the rest of the night, until this happens again.

So...What could be causing this. I know none of you know for sure, so what it most likely? Is it possibly diabeties, panic attacks, dehydrated, low blood sugar? (Today it happened half hour after eating full meal at mcdonalds).
    any help would be great. thanks
    18 btw if it matters

2. Most likly a panic attack, most people get dehydrated easily and forget to eat when they smoke. Always stay hydrated during and after smoking, be aware of you surroundings and take care of yourself. Try smoking less. Remember to be in a relaxed enviorment that is Safe.

3. low blood sugar, dehydrated, paranoid. how to fix: eat lots of candy, drink water or gatorade, relax :) happened to me alot before until i realized i almost never ate anything besides chips and monsters.

4. Dont eat lots of candy,you said you were concerned with diabetes so i think you shoudl look for healthy snacks or just have some real food, water helps so drink a lot.

5. do you see "fireworks" does it happen mainly when you go to stand quickly?

try to stay refreshed and have a light and healthy snak 15-20 mins before tokin.

6. This EXACT same thing used to happen to me, and a few times I 100% passed out and "turned into spaghetti" as my friends said. I even made a post here about it, only to be ridiculed. My take of the issue was that my lungs were under-conditioned and I wasn't getting enough oxygen. Try to take in regular air with your blunt hits and breather in before and after exhale. Nowadays this effect never comes to me because I am conscious about the amount of air I take in, and my lungs are more conditioned to marijuana. Keep water on hand, and stay hydrated before you smoke, it will help.

7. actually this. eat an apple or other sweet fruit. much better than candy, i was just suggesting sugar.

8. Yea i get what you mean, like if you are Super uncomfortably high, and all you have access to is junk, eat a bag of chips and some sweets. Junk[mainly sugar/fat/crap] helps you to come down a lot but usually it may just totally kill your high.
    A good tip is to prepare your food(or activities) before you get high so that you can relax ater you smoke and have put everything away, ect.

9. This .

10. Their are countless things that could cause that my best guess would be a common panic attack the low blood sugar could attribute to it heavily as well.

11. That is not a panic attack. I have had exactly what the OP is saying and a panic attack, they are two very seperate things.

OP- stay hydrated and eat properly. That is what is causing it. Lack of hydration will cause this when you smoke because the pot dehydrates you even more. This happened to me at lolla a couple times before i knew how to prevent it this summer.

12. This makes the most sense. Because when it happened yesterday, I was hotboxing a blunt in my car. and a few minutes before it happened (as we were smoing the blunt) I felt like i needed fresh air. And this also makes sense because since there were only 2 of us on the fat blunt, it was less break time inbettween hits, therefor I was inhaling less oxygen...i think this may have been the problem, along with dehydrated/blood sugar. thanks

13. The tobacco smoke probably has something to do with it too. Tobacco does the opposite of what cannabis does. Oxygen deprivation is very bad, if you hot box at least dont do it with cigars-ew