Horizontal root growth. Will it happen?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Pook2000, Jun 16, 2011.

1. sounds like a good idea.. i don't see why it wouldn't work...

2. #2 jayjay5396, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
    i start all my plants in a small tray just like this photo am gonna post it ive only got 1 in there but i could easerly fit 6 seedlings in there works fine but after about 2-3 weeks you have to put them in a pot you cant leave them in there no longer than that i would advise germination before planting

heres the photo

Attached Files:

3. You're almost right, but plant in the middle, top the plant and train towards the ends and sides with the shoots.

It will sorta work, but 8L won't let you veg for long.

Wet

4. Oh, ok.

Sounds like a plan, I'd give it a shot and see how it goes.

Wet

5. Roots prefer to grow out not down. For most plants anyhow. Just think about it. It is more efficient to have roots toward the top or the soil. Not Too deep. Towards the top is where most of the water is. Look at a 150 ft. Tree. The roots don't go 150 ft. down. There is no water down there. So yes it should work fine.

6. i thought there was tons of water the deeper into the earth you go.... well where i live anyway.

7. Yes you are right on that. But ground water can be hundreds of feet below the surface. Of course all depending on where you live. Most plant don't rely on ground water for feeding. They rely on the rain. Again depending on where you live.

8. chaaa i love cali. dude i see you in like every thread lol

9. Just cruising around the site. I wish I lived in Cali. Weather sucks in the Midwest.

10. yeaa dude it's awesome. great growing weather. great anything weather really. that and a dispensary in every town is nice

11. #11 greenbudguy, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah redwood trees grow hundreds of feet but the roots only go down about 6 feet deep but grow horizontal in upwards of 100feet from the trunk

12. #12 greenbudguy, Jun 17, 2011
    I love Cali. I'm on the central coast and there are dispensaries and hydro stores all over.

13. in between humboldt and the bay?

14. #14 greenbudguy, Jun 17, 2011
    Edit: Yeah I'm an hour or so south of Frisco. Sorry I am working and threw my phone in my pocket. Didn't mean to send it yet. Haha

15. nice man, are those your grows in your signature?

16. #16 greenbudguy, Jun 17, 2011
    Yeah. My first grow is the closet one and my trunk is just my Jilly Bean about 3 weeks into veg from clone I got at the club

17. jillybean.......anyway i can get a clone or seed
    i've only heard great reviews about that strain

18. #18 greenbudguy, Jun 17, 2011
    I got it from the dispensary on 41st street in Capitola. The guy said it was bomb so I got one. I'm thinking about cloning a few of her tho so maybe!

19. would you be down to burn and exchange clones? lol i got cinderella99, sour grape, jedi kush, purple diesel, maui wowie, and green kandy. i just don't wanna get stabbed if i go down there or anything...........................or raped. or any fucked up sub divisions relating to meeting a stranger.

20. Haha I understand. I don't want any of that to happen to me either :p