Horizontal growing?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by sidious, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Hmm... THis makes me wonder if perhaps an inverted system... where you have a central tube (where the light is in the omegagarden ones.) you would have a large pvc with all your plant holes cut, then a larger cylinder with your lights (fluro grow tubes) all lining the inside. So your plants are spinning around tops outwards. And you use a fog/mist thru the central pvc to deliver your nutes to the roots.

I wonder if the gravity (now forcing the liquid to the top of the plant) would not help the wicking to get the nutes delivered all the way to the crown of the plant.

things that make you go hmm....

2. This would be a fun experiment to try. I expect it would have similar results to scrog where the side branches would bud out more than the top, since the hormones generally seek the vertical branches. I wouldn't rotate the pot with a motor, though. I would just use wire to train the main stalk horizontally and support the vertical branches. Watering would probably require a modified pot or hydro, and it would take up a hell of a lot of space!

3. Hi check out the horizontal grow tent on the grow well web site very expensive but looks amazing

4. Hi check out the horizontal grow tent on the grow well web site very expensive but looks amazing

5. I think the plant will follow the light no matter what . The palnt is a machine of sorts . Put the light to the side and see what it does . I have a dollar that says it follows the light . :D

6. #47 OpenMindedMantis, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    The uploaded images I posted are of a plant I am growing horizontally. The main stem of the plant is held down by pipe cleaners, to the top of the water basin that I am growing hydroponically in. The picture with the least veg lets you see its stem and how its growing, the second shows how many bud sites are growing and getting an even amount of light. Techniques similar to this can result in a yield increase of upwards to 35-100%.

Attached Files:

9. Here's one of my plants I am growing horizontally. She has to be pulled down again.

10. Sorry new to this.

11. This is my first grow actually learn this in a Drunken stupor. No more drinking strictly business. Hidden 50 not getting any younger. Any helps always appreciate it.

12. This^^^^^

13. I pull mine down & stake them when they get to tall & at harvest I end up with 25 feet of vine . The branches swing up & act like they are individual plants & it seems like no matter the position it try's to upright itself always!

14. They grow to the light. Staking the plant down and having it grow across (but colas up along its length) is just LST, a pretty usual way of doing it.

If you really want to grow it sideways... put the light sideways as well. It will grow right to it. probably have a nice stocky stem too. I think actually rotating it would make the colas not know what to do and cause way too much stress on the plant as it flops around. But straight up sideways pot horizontal light (and some supports) would probably work fine if you could keep the dirt in and also water it.