Hops vs Headford Inline A/C

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Pngwyn, Sep 28, 2011.

1. I just purchased a Headford 14mm AC for $140, I could exchange it for a Hops AC for $210. Is the name brand really worth the $70 price difference? I have never tried Hops, but I know they are the true OG when it comes to making ACs, but I also know Headford is pretty repped too.

The upgrade would basically be the cost of a new SG downstem or something similar, so I'm really wondering if the upgrade is even worth it.

Any suggestions? Will I notice significant performance difference between the 2?

2. I mean you really can't beat Hops as far as inlines go but i'd stick with the Headford...you already have it and it's a sweet AC (i'm assuming)...that's just my 2 cents

3. #3 Pngwyn, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    Yeah it arrived yesterday.. still in pristine/returnable condition so I thought I would ask before it's too late. An exchange really wouldn't be too hard, but I am just having a hard time deciding if I will notice a significant difference in how they hit.

I also plan on using the AC with a J hook as a bubbler for my vape, so having a nicer AC would be nice in that respect as well. I know the Headford is already nice, but how much nicer would the hops be?

4. I have heard good things about the Headford's and for the price difference I feel like it is more trouble than worth. Hops stuff is pretty legit though....if you keep the Headford I'd love to see a close up the diffusion on a milk as I may be investing in one of their ac's for my next tube

5. 210 on a ac. Fuck that. 150 or so and you can get a 2011bc right?

6. What's a 2011bc :( sorry I'm somewhat of a noob.. trying to invest in my first pieces of quality glass and just want to make sure I won't want to upgrade down the road (or at least too soon down the road).

Both the Headford and Hops ACs are 8 slit diffused, so I wonder if there would be significant difference whatsoever.

I can post a milk vid, but it'll be me hitting the AC from the glass joint, because my j hook hasn't arrived yet. If you're interested lemme know. I decided to get an AC and bubbler adapter so I could use it with my Purple Days vaporizer... I plan on investing in a nice tube sometime in the next month or 2.

7. Check it out on YouTube. It's a super gridded ac. Not inline though, it's got a stem going down with showerhead.I've heard nothing but great things from their glass.

8. A gridded showerhead a/c, depending on what kind of tube you have there is nothing really on it's level (gridded showerhead, not necessarily only bc). Do you know what angle the joint on your tube is?

[​IMG]

9. #9 Pngwyn, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
    That's pretty cool, but are they all 90 joints? The tube I was looking to get in the future is off a 45 joint.

MEH, maybe I should just keep the headford lol.

Here was my original idea for my setup in the end:
    Syn Dome Perc Mini
    Sovereignty Gridded 180 Downstem
    Headford A/C
    Carbon Filter
    B Wilson Slide

I have heard great things about the tube, and it seems to be a great price.. ATL is selling non perc'ed Syn tubes for the same price of the dome perc on CK. Maybe that won't be my best choice. Originally my budget was around $350, but I think now I am willing it to stretch it to $500 TOPS if I buy pieces separately as time goes on

10. hops invented the inline I think, i would go with the hops =p

11. #11 xsploit, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
    i'd go with headford all day, think there is gridded inline a/cs too on awlt

12. The only person who makes inlines that can compete with HOPS, is Luke Wilson. Headford is great though, I had your exact inline A/C but in 18.8 mm fitting. There is no reason to return your purchase unless you absolutely feel you need to have the best inline you can have. I highly doubt that if neither of the A/Cs are gridded, that there will be a giant swing in overall function and quality.

tl;dr keep the headford, imo.

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn7gOOb9c4M]headford ac - YouTube[/ame]

haha still need to get used to hitting it.. it's freakin awkward since the mouthpiece adapter hasn't arrived yet.

14. Anyone know if the Hops A/C is compatible with any/every tube? It seems to be pretty lengthy, especially the large (says it's 6.5" long on ATL).