hoppin on the organics train...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by fif3l, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Nifty lil buggers arent they? Very small compact and space efficient.

2. #82 BeZtoken, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    Thanks LD it helped. I can't say I'm for sure going with that brand, I'm gonna try to source one locally. I try to support our local economy as much as possible.
    I can say I'm gonna go with something coil with parts I can replace.

Michigander

BeZ...V

3. [quote name='"Downgirl2182"']Sorry im late to this discussion about lights but here is what I use for veg. Simple and effective. HTG Supply - 2 Foot 2 Lamp PL-55 Tek Lamp Also light on the wallet at a price you cant beat!
    It emitts 10,000 lumens which is 2,000 more than a bigger 2 ft 4 lamp model. :O) It was made so the lights are actually 4 ft fixtures that have been bent in half. I also have a 400W MH with a switchable ballast and I also use about 156 watts of supplemental CFL's for both veg and flower. Dont make it into something as complicated as you are making it out to be FiF.[/quote]

:)
    I was just curious as to why there is a gap from 43w to 125w in the 6500k temp. You can get the soft white 2300k in alot more sizes,which is cool for a person like.

Your lights sound fun. :)
    Im problly just going to get a large cfl for veg you cant beat the price

4. Bright too!!!

IMO, one of the best deals going, 10,000 lumens for $69.95 and using only 120w.

I've had mine ~2 years now.

Wet

5. Fif Im not sure what you mean by the gap? You mean actual wattage of the lights? i emailed the customer service rep at HTG and he told me that the lights emit more than a 2 ft 4 lmap because the lights in the TEK two are basically 4 foot lamps that are just bent in half if that makes sense. I also have to large 65 watt CFL's I used for veg a while back. Nice little lights and very affordable only problem is that they are so heavy it was hard to get them onto a surface and secure them to where I was comfortable they would smoosh my girls.

6. I buy some bulbs from an online hydro store in Michigan. I can order bulbs from them, pay for S&H and still best the prices from a commercial lighting wholesaler in Portland. Yeah - I didn't get it either.

So I'm out there helping Michigan's economy one bulb at a time!

LD

7. Hey guys.

Well i did it. Girls are sittin in sunshine rainforest. I picked up some dolomite lime, alfalfa meal and kelp extract. Going to get some greensand and probably some guano for the P.
    I didnt have amendments when i transplanted. Will topfeed in veg and mix in amendments when transplanted in flower.

Working on a tea. For now im watering with superthrive-touched water. And one foliar feed with the kelp extract.

Thank you for everyone's input and guidance.

8. [quote name='"LumperDawgz2"']

I buy some bulbs from an online hydro store in Michigan. I can order bulbs from them, pay for S&H and still best the prices from a commercial lighting wholesaler in Portland. Yeah - I didn't get it either.

So I'm out there helping Michigan's economy one bulb at a time!

LD[/quote]

Link? Are prices better than HTGsupplies.com ??

9. #89 SkunkPatronus, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
    Well, you are all going to laugh your asses off at me then, I've been using 150 HPS systems for vegging plants in one room for YEARS and I get the bulbs here: http://www.1000bulbs.com/category/150-watt-standard-high-pressure-sodium-lamps/
    and while I see that they bulbs have gone up to $6.22 they used to be 5 bucks apeice, and I have 10 of these light systems and cases of bulbs.
    Cheapest bulb ever, most satifactory growth for early to mid-veg, small system, little heat generated, very portable. 15,000 lumen's apiece.
    I late veg-transition-flower under a 400MH and 400HPS side by side. It covers the spectrum more evenly I think. That was the idea anyway.

10. holy fuck i knew this holiest of holy grail 900 something post reading spree was going to pay off BIG TIME and it did...... MIND BLOWN intellectual orgasm! smoke to that.