hoppin on the organics train...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by fif3l, Nov 27, 2011.

1. I am loving this thread. It's the organic gang, I feel like a lower level street thug working my way up. Lol

2. Well i can tell you,ive surprised the hell out of people with some of the stuff i learned researching growing. Haha.
    This organic stuff is good to go tho.
    Im finishing up this grow ive got goin right now..i have a couple clones ready to go that should be in an organic mix in a bit. Should be commencing in about 2-3 weeks.

I needa bigger screen,i post from my phone,and reading these threads gives me a headache lol.

3. I have used my phone since day one, an forgot my password for the computer. Oops!

4. Hey guys!

Just wanna say hi to you all, I have grown just a few crops and am currently weening off the bottle, I use roots organic currently but not the full line at all.

I have compost bins at home as I love gardening and have an amazing garden every spring and summer. I usually just gather up lawn trimmings, leaves, and other greens when I get things done around the yard. I just don't know what things I should mix for my MJ ladies, as right now everything gets mixed and ny veggies love it haha

But now im high and rambling, just wanted to say hello to all the organic homies here in the city as im a organic man my self..... just in process of getting my mj that way.

5. If the veggies love it, so will ganja. It's just another plant.....MIW

6. Get an iPad and don't leave home without it!

LOL

LD

7. #27 Downgirl2182, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    :wave:WELCOME FIF! So happy to have you here in the OG community:D
    Sounds to me you are on the right foot so far.
    As wee has already stated read ALL the organic stickies first. That is a must. From the beginning to the very end. That is so important. Organic is hard work I am not even going to lie but is so much more gratifying than any other type of chemical based grows.
    First off Organics is really about staying self sufficient and doing a lot of DIY work. Also our soil is our base for the grow. Its the most important aspect of the grow imho. You can harvest a big yield of nice healthy and beautiful buds from just off your soil mix alone and nothing else but water. NO KIDDING!!!:eek::eek::D:D
    When amending your soil with guanos and blood meal like you previously stated its not for the plant but for the microbes and little soil critters you have partying in your mix:rolleyes: These microbes and bacteria break down all the organic nutrients and goodies and make it readily available for your girls. So it is very important to keep in mind what amendments can be used as food for your microbes or also make microbes and get the herd populating more. This is just a important as NPK values if not more! The best 3 amendments in my eyes are Alfalfa meal, Earthworm castings and Kelp meal. You could do a whole grow off only that and harvest some nice girls! You can also make teas out of those 3 amendments as well as top dress with them. The teas will bump up your microbial community so quick too! Another great thing! OMG! WOOO to much coffee already haha. Excuse me I am kind of a spaz.. :D;)
    Another amendment I dont think I couldn't(edit: I meant couldnt not could haha) live without is fish hydrosylate. Not the normal fish ferts you see at the store like fish emulsion that crap is worthless in my eyes because they use heat to process it. You want stuff that is cold processed same holds true to other things such as Neem oil or liquid seaweed. The cold process doesnt remove the enyzymes, amino acids, proteins and other the other great goodies like heat processing does. So thats important to remember as well.

As far as your PH goes and adding lime is kind of pointless and wasting your money in my eyes but others disagree and still worry about it and use the lime. I used it at the beginning but have become a believer in using other things such a Oyster shell powder or egg shell extract and like the like(haha I need to stop morning posts). Also remember that most organic amendments already have a nice amount of Magnesium in them. I checked my ph in the first month and then stopped. It seemed like I had more problems worrying about the PH and trying to fix things rather then not caring at all and brushing off small rust spots and things of that nature as just growth bumps:D

Here is a great link to get you started and remember to click and read all the other links that are posted in this thread as well. It may be a lot of reading but believe me it is more than worth it! http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/650139-organic-higher-learning-lumperdawgz.html
    Grats on getting off the bottle and always happy to help out! If you have any question just ask as we are more than willing to steer you into the right direction!
    :wave:
    DG

8. [quote name='"MI Wolverine"']

If the veggies love it, so will ganja. It's just another plant.....MIW[/quote]

That's what I have always thought but then I hear people say if I put to much grass clippings and things like that my soil will have to high of a N content so just a worry that someone put in my head haha

9. [quote name='"smokeNtoke99"']Hey guys!

Just wanna say hi to you all, I have grown just a few crops and am currently weening off the bottle, I use roots organic currently but not the full line at all.

I have compost bins at home as I love gardening and have an amazing garden every spring and summer. I usually just gather up lawn trimmings, leaves, and other greens when I get things done around the yard. I just don't know what things I should mix for my MJ ladies, as right now everything gets mixed and ny veggies love it haha

But now im high and rambling, just wanted to say hello to all the organic homies here in the city as im a organic man my self..... just in process of getting my mj that way.[/quote]

Welcome.

10. Top dressing with organic materials is basically composting on a small scale. So it will be slow and driven by microbes. The finer ground the material, think guano, the easier it gets broken/washed down and can get into the root zone. Despite what many of us think, you can burn plants using organic methods. I've had burning from top dressing with alfalfa meal as an example. But for the most part top dressing is safe and effective. One fav is top dressing with ewc, both safe and effective.

Back to my point about veggies. Mj is not a whole lot different than growing tomatoes. If you put a whole shit load of food in their soil you better have fast plant metabilisms and a lot of light. If you have a hiccup your screwed, but like your tomatoes give your plants gentle care and safe, reasonable choices your plants will reward you. And after you kind of figure out your plant variety and your environment then you might want to step up your game a bit. Until then play it safe and you won't be sorry......MIW

11. Just got back from the new grow store around here grow depot (and my god was it a depot never seen a grow store so big haha) but I saw they have all sorts of kelp meal and seweed meal and all different guanos,
    The brand is called "down to earth distributors, inc" they look pretty small scale and natural have any of you seen this brand or have info?

12. Thanks everyone for te help.

Especially you downgirl. You broke it DOWN nicely.

13. smokeNtoke99

Down To Earth looks small scale (humble farmer, marketing design) but are getting bigger all the time. They have a good distribution network. They are a little pricey but readily available at most grow shops that have anything to do with soil and/or organics.

Shop around on line. Takes about 5 minutes. Compare to Home Depot. The nice thing is you can use Home Depot to order online (their virtual warehouse is a bazillion times bigger) and have it shipped to your Home Depot for free. Pick it up when you want.

14. nice weeedroid . i just searched 2 ft flourescent and the first result was a 2' 4 tube t5 hydroponic fixture for 89 shipped. not bad...

15. #35 WeeDroid, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
    Somebody at home depot knows what they are doing. ~snerk~
    Another example of cannabis stimulating the local economy. :)

The Home Depots in my area used to thrive on the rave culture of the '90s. Every HD had huge selections of fluorescent active, nylon string. And they were the best place to buy 4 foot black light tubes. :D :hello::love::yay::p

16. Lol. Too true...

Why cant you find bigger daylight cfls? I know theres 125, 200, but theres a ton of bigger soft whites... like 43w(actual)

17. Honestly man they aren't worth the price. I myself grow with 6 23 actual Watts. It helps to spread the light also if you use more. I have 4 on top and two hanging vertically.

If you do want larger wattage I would go to htgsupply.com for their 250 or 400 Watt HPS.

Check out wormsway.com I'm not sure where you are but they ship and have nice prices.

18. I have a 400hps.. i was just curious about it. You can find huge soft whites but no big daylights... guess 23w is bright enough... gay because theyre soooo cheap.
    Im just waitin on loot and im gonna get a big cfl (125w) for the veg.

Still readin. :)

19. Can your 400W ballast handle a MH? I use a 400W MH for veg and love it!

20. Yep. But i kinda like the perpetual thing... i have a mom in a seperate closet... but when the scrog happens, that mh will prove useful.