Hoots Making Me Feel Nauseous ?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Meggkate, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Hello all,
    I have been smoking for many years. I came off a 4 month T-break about a year ago that was the only break I've taken since I started smoking. I generally use a bong with a percolator and a splash guard. We change our water every day and clean the bong every week. I only use filtered water in the glass. My issue is that sometimes when I go to say start smoking for the first time that day, EVERY TIME my FIRST hoot out of the bong ALWAYS makes me feel like I wanna barf :/ if the hoot makes me cough really bad the nausea is worse and I'm at like a 80% chance of puking! I've never greened out before I can always seem to mentally convince my body that it's stupid for thinking it can puke from weed. Every hoot after is totally fine. Seems this only started after my t break???? Anyone relate? Reasons? Anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. might be your strain and how it was grown, really dry or un propperly grown stuff will still be harsh and unpleasant and gag reflex causing no matter how filtered, you might wanna try smoking without a bong and see what that does for ya or taking less deep inhales.

3. Try a one hitter.

I can never smoke from a bong, it makes me cough every time.

4. Really a long shot, but you may be experiencing a brief period of anxiety as the effects of the first hit take hold.

The mind and the gut are intrinsically linked. Anxiety can manifest as nausea. Some strains may cause more anxiety than others:

http://norml.org/news/2014/06/12/study-patients-report-subjective-relief-satisfaction-from-multiple-strains-of-medical-cannabis

I have a working theory that THC may cause anxiety (and indirectly nausea) as a noticeable effect before CBD's anxiolytic effects kick in. This would explain nausea (as a byproduct of anxiety) being felt after the first "hoot", but subsiding shortly thereafter.

Again, really a long shot...

5. Not really actually I never thought of it that way but I do have GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and it has been stressful for me lately. I use weed as an escape for my anxiety. Is that what it is then?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 Bleeze, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
    Youre hot.. But in all honesty just try to hit a different piece or a jay

Wish I could tell you for sure :(

8. Maybe just make your first hit smaller? Like a baby toke.