Hooking up with my best friend?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Bfern, Jan 9, 2013.

1. So I am a freshman at UCF, and my best friend (girl) is a freshman at FAU, I've known her since the 6th grade and she is a huge pothead, she's really awesome to hang out with and especially to smoke with and recently (as of about 3 weeks ago) we started hooking up, at first it was kind of awkward but it really isn't anymore, the only issue is that our mutual friends don't think we could make it as a couple and she's a few inches taller than me, I think I'm starting to fall for her, what are my fellow tokers opinions/ thoughts on this matter?

2. What reasoning do your friends give for why you two wouldn't work as a couple?

3. If it workz out and shes chill, wife her up in a few years. Also they are probly jelly.

4. I fell in love with my middle school best friend and we're still together now. It's absolutely amazing. Hey how's Orlando bro? I goto uf here up in Gainesville

5. Of course issue number one is the distance between Orlando and boca (3 hours) and my high school girlfriend went to FSU and we couldn't stay together because the 4 hour distance was too much for us to see each other on a regular basis, and the other reason is that if a relationship with her doesn't work than it would strain our friendship and possibly put our mutual friends in a tough bind and I don't want that.

@boobtree UCF is a pretty awesome college, great classrooms and facilities for the students and great teachers, the math and science classes are pretty tough and alot of kids choose to take them at community college. I live on campus so I don't smoke in my dorm but there are sooo many apartments off campus so I just smoke at my different friends apartments off campus. I loved UF when I visited but unfortunately I didn't get accepted (4.1 gpa wasn't good enough to be a Gator) but yeah everything happens for a reason and I'm glad it all worked out.

6. just hit that already

7. get with her of course OP

8. Don't listen to these bums, talk to her about your concerns and your feelings. This is between yall two to figure out about the distance and to be honest fuck what your mutual friends think about you two getting together. Good luck and Florida is the place to be!

9. Best friends come and go man. May as well try to make something more of it

If it doesn't work out you might lose her... but realistically speaking you two will probably become distant overtime anyway once you get on with life after school, you know? So if you have feelings why not? Benefits outweigh the risks in my opinion

10. In my experience hooking up with a good friend can end in disaster, but if you don't give it a shot you may be left wondering what could have been.

It is a decision that you must make yourself but you have to weigh the pros and cons. Don't make any moves until you are sure the rewards are worth the potential heartache.

11. Flip a coin.

12. Full-nelson doggy style homie. RAWR!

13. NewFarmer has the right idea. You gotta talk to her and see where she stands. I know a lot of people who have broken up and still remained friends, so it doesn't always end up badly if it doesnt work out.

14. If you hit it, everything changes. Just a heads up.

15. UPDATE: we had sex last night, it wasn't the best sex I've ever had but it was her first time and there's always room for improvement, it wasn't awkward but it wasn't fantastic, things haven't changed much, mostly how we talk has changed, we are much more flirty over text now and it's almost like we r in a relationship, I don't mind at all however because I'm not ashamed, she's an awesome girl.

Peace love and happiness ladies and gentlemen.

16. What's up fellow Central Florida resident! And by the way, congrats on smashing that.
    [​IMG]

Don't worry about her being taller than you.My wife is taller than me.

[​IMG]

17. Lol thanks man, it only bothers me a little bit and try to wear nice shoes that make me taller so it's not really a big deal.

18. congrads to OP
    you are living the dream

19. Congrats bro!

20. Update: sex last night was fantastic. Best I've Ever had, I am now back at UCF and she is back at FAU, I probably won't see her again until valentines weekend.