Hooked Illegal Drugs on History Channel

Discussion in 'General' started by dopenugz, May 28, 2006.

1. auctucally workingplacebo's, the marijuana episode, i feel, overall, did a fairly good job of staying unbaised... and in fact it came off showing marijuana in a positive light, exposing the truth behind the ludicrasy..(sp?) of marijuana prohibition. I knew a little of what was talked about, but a few things surprised me... if its true, i had no idea anslinger was, at first, pretty much unconcerned about marijuana.... however he is a dirty fuck since he eventually switched sides due to political pressure from the... what was it.. south western states?

2. Fool it came on at 7-8 and 8-9 pm, i watched it, its just a bunch of shit on how they became illegal(basically racism)

3. Haha, me too! A lot of the stuff they said about weed was a repeat and it got a little boring. It was cool how pro-marijuana the history channel sounded, though. Glad to we got them on our side :-D.

Anyone remember seeing a bowl get completely cashed in one hit? That was pretty crazy.

4. This isn't your 7th grade PE Teacher showing you Reefer Madness, this is a History Channel documentry. And if you want unbiased information, THC is the best channel there is. Maybe you should have watched the show before you stereotyped a genre of documentrys.

5. Yeah, just like Blaze_it_up420 I watched the cocaine one then went to sleep halfway thru the weed one. I like how they exposed the fact that they made cocaine illegal so they could fuck with poor communities, but doctors could still prescribe it liberally and that there were tons of housewives that were addicted to cocaine laced "cure-alls".
    The only thing I didnt like about the weed one, was they started off by showing clips of reefer madness, but they didnt show the parts where people got violent and kill everyone, they edited them out and only showed the parts where the dudes are laughing histerically like morons. So it kinda gave a sense that weed makes you all beligerent.

6. Did you blaze up during the weed one, aswell..? :hide::laughing:

7. Uhhh it was more, I got stoned and drunk up in my own room, then went into the living room to pass out watching that, so I guess I was already pretty stoned.

8. seen before, but i missed the weed one. its so stupid that fr thousands of years prople have been using drugs with no problems but some assholes had to fuck everything up and cause a whole war. ramble ramble ramble.fuck the government!

9. fool as u can see i posted after they were on the first time and thought id give a heads up to other peeps like me that missed it since it was being replayed later...thanks for ur worthless post

10. I know you posted afterwords fool.

I was going to post it was coming on but reading the description just showed it was a bunch of shit everyone already knows.

11. Are you guys kidding me? That was totally pro marijuana. They talked about how henry anslinger only got weed illegal for his job security. That's basicly like telling its millions of viewers the truth about marijuana

12. yea i didnt read the description man i just assumed that itd be more propoganda aight it aint no thing but a chicken wing

13. Damn, i missed it! yea, the history channel is usually really good about drug stuff. i saw the thing they had about lsd and they basically said that using lsd in the right envorment not abuseing it, but using it theraputicly can help change you life for the better, and they talked about all the medicinal value that the early research showed.

P.S. Just found a few of the shows on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=89S_o7fOwpA&search=ken%20kesey - LSD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lrd5xtyfjFw&search=history%20channel Crack/Cocain

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aQlk01sxO_E&search=history%20channel Opium/Heroin

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EJr7a7aqEvE&search=illegal%20drugs%20and%20how%20they%20got%20that%20way Marijuana/Methamphetamines