hookahs

Discussion in 'General' started by Buddha_monk, Nov 15, 2013.

1. sup guys

ive always loved smoking a hookah, its just really rare for me to get a chance, so, i decided to buy one.

my question is, what should i be spending for a entry level, so to speak, hookah?

anything specific you guys think i should know before i go shopping?

2. Get a washable plastic hose.

I would also recommend picking up a cheap hotplate and some coconut coals too, rather than those "instant coals" so you taste the baccy better.

3. If you shop at Ebay in which they ship it from some warehouse, you can find some pretty nice ones for a decent price. 
    I would reccomend not spending anything over 30 for something that isn't two hosed or 21 inches tall. 

4. Depends on size and hoses.
    my brother got one that's about a foot tall for 25 bucks. And I got about a 2.5-3 footer on sale 2 for 1 for 70 bucks. If not on sale they are like 50-60 for the tall ones. But they don't have lots of detail ones with detail can run about 120 for a good design, the ones at my shop was a sphinx and a pharaoh, pretty dope..
    You are gonna need charcoals obviously, and tobacco, I prefer fantasia it is very good for flavor reference try: surfer on acid, purple haze, adios motherf#cker, and dragons-breath....

Sent from woah sweet Grasscity Forum

5. if i get one with 2 hoses, can i still just hit out 1 hose?

They have plugs for the other hose spot, so yes.

7. cool, i dont like buying online but imma go look at them tomorrow before work, im worried that imma end up spending an ass after coals ans shisha  and shit but who knows

8. Coals are pretty cheap, I think like $2.50/pack at my smoke shop, shisha usually runs me $20 I would recommend Starbuzz, they have a lot of good flavors.

9. #10 Deleted member 629842, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    Starbuzz is great. Code 69 I remember smelled like gummy worms, and the smoke tasted like delicious fruit. Sadly I can't get Shisha in from any of my local gas stations anymore. The last guy who had it told me he had a hard time getting it in the past, and now it's next to impossible for him to sell it. I don't understand why but there must be some reason. 

I actually recently just bought a hookah, and kind of was dissapointed in how much weed it took up, and how fast it burned, and how my high tolerance didn't really do much. I'm just going to stick with Shisha if I ever get a hold of some more. 

10. #11 Green Star, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
    I have a question relating to hookahs, and since there's such a big amount of users here, why not.Can you smoke weed out of a hookah as opposed to shisha?EDIT: I guess the post above me answered that.

I buy shisha online usually, because it's more expensive at my smoke shop, here's a link; http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-4246-starbuzz-hookah-tobacco-flavors-100.html

12. I did in the past and they wanted my social security number, and a picture of my driver licences ID. 

I do have a California State ID and I'm way over the legal age, I just felt it was really sketchy. 
    But that's a nice sigh of relief knowing the site is legit. 

13. Hookah shisha .com

For a small awesome one Mia bambino with a plastic washable hose. 50$ free shisha free coals.

For decent sized hookah is go with a km or Egyptian. 80-120$ free hose free shisha free coals.

It all depends on your preference. I would stick to the washable plastic hose, natural coconut coals, romman/al fakir shisha, and a phunnel/vortex bowl. Nothing else. I've spent years buying and selling my hookah equipment and the best thing I have ever done is simplify.

I now have a km single pearl with a polyurethane washable hose an apple on top/ vortex bowl and natural coals. I buy al fakir and romman because they are cheap and much better quality tobacco than starbuzz and all that other shit. (Excluding fumari and tangers) stick with my advice and you will have a nice hookah without having to go through all the trial and error and wasted money. Fancy hoses look cool but are much harder to keep clean and smell and taste funny after about 9 months.

And remember, good heat management will keep a bowl burning for hours with natural coals, plus you can get 108 coals for 12$ compared to 9 quick lights for 9$.

And they do reward points and special deals like free shipping or free accessories depending on the month. Just look around the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Yes and no. You can essentially smoke weed out of anything. However the method can be flawed. You can either waste 6gs filling up a hookah bowl and loose tons of valuable smoke by using a lighter on top. Or you could mix shisha and weed. Problem with this is proportions. I have had a bowl of shisha with a g of weed and had no effect. I have also had a bowl of shisha with only resin and tiny bits of green and been to the moon and back. It just depends on how it's mixed and what bowl you are using. I personally wouldn't out of my own if you haven't already because hell you don't wanna be driving with your hookah and be pulled over with a K-9 unit and be arrested!

15. Hooka with mint flavor shisha makes me feel like shit.

16. I would shy away from starbuzz. True, they have tons of flavors that are usually very good. However they are pretty expensive and contain a lot of stems that cause harsh smoke and take away from flavor. Romann and al fakir have some pretty great fruit flavors and you can get a 5 pack of al fakir for 15$ that's 250g's! Compared to starbuzz where 250 g's is around 25-30$. If your on a budget I mean. If not fumari and tangers are the way to go. Just be careful with tangers as it needs to acclimate and be prepared before smoking. Unlike most other shisha where it is ready to go out of the box.

17. #18 Weedity, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
    I go to the Fezz Hookah bar in downtown Philly, I enjoy chilling in their with the hookah and the Mediterranean atmosphere. So peaceful!  

Smoked Code 69, loved it. Also smoked some other shit I forget the name, Dark something, it was no good.