Hookah vs Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by SmokeeTheBear, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Why would anyone buy a vaporizer? The only advantage that's even a possibility is the stealth aspect of it. A hookah doesn't allow butane/ open flames to come into contact with the contents of the bowl, which is exactly why most people say a vap's the healthiest way to smoke. I just mix my weed and herbal hashish and it gets me hella baked, not to mention the added bonus of a hookah having water filtration, an option of multiple tubes, and a FOURTH of the price tag on average.

Agree/Disagree? Lets hear what you have to say about it GC

2. #2 Arteezy, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2009
    I don't think a hookah would actually vaporize the weed. Therefore, you're still smoking it.

A hookah, in terms of healthiness and efficiency, is equal to a bong. Most people choose a bong over a vaporizer, so it doesn't surprise me that you enjoy your hookah more than a vape.

3. The vape isn't there to not let the lighter touch the weed, but there is virtually no smoke at all, and you can hit it much more then with a regular pipe/bong

4. 1 bowl pack in a hookah (hashish+weed) lasts me about an hour, so I don't think a vape really allows you to get that much more out of your weed vs a hookah (it might however vs a bong), and what exactly is the process of "vaporizing"? how does it differ from what a hookah does?

5. #5 Arteezy, Sep 9, 2009
    Vaporization
    vs.
    Combustion

EDIT: Also, a vape, besides being the healthiest and most efficient, will give you a cleaner high and more of a creeper high than a hookah or bong

6. A vaporizer doesnt burn the weed. It just heats it up to turn only the THC and other caniboids to be released.

So no burning plant matter, No carcinogens, No unhealthy residue in your body.
    Also your getting 90%+ of the available THC in the chamber.

A hookah is just burning the weed, filtering it like a bong. and smoking with a tube. Yes it can conserve weed. but A hookah I dont like, id rather smoke a joint.

7. Vaporization-The term vaporization has been used to refer to the physical destruction of an object that is exposed to intense heat.

Combustion-Combustion or burning is a complex sequence of exothermic chemical reactions between a fuel (usually a hydrocarbon) and an oxidant accompanied by the production of heat or both heat and light in the form of either a glow or flames, appearance of light flickering

Those are the definitions you provided, and from those I still think that what a hookah does would be classed more as vaporization than combustion since it never allows the substance to come into contact with fuel (therefore no chemical reaction can occur) and instead allows the object (weed/hashish) to be "exposed to intense heat" therefore causing the "physical destruction" of said contents :D

8. Those coals in the hookah burn the weed and combustion = burning.

9. Also I put a thin layer of hasish in first, then my weed, then cover it with hashish so any burning/ combustion that would occur would only affect the top layer of hashish, or maybe I'm just an idiot idk, but I've smoked both vaps and hookahs and the high seems to be very similar, as well as the smoothness. And I enjoy the occasional joint as well haha :smoking:

10. dude, the coal sits on a screen above the shisha/bud. it applies heat w/ the coal and VAPORIZES it. there is never a cherry in a hookah.

i started smoking buds from my passion for hookah. then one day someone convinced me to add bud to it. still smoke them but not like i used to. i'm a bong man.

11. Just because a flame is not touching the bud does not mean that you are vaporizing it. It all has to do with the temperature. If putting a coal on a screen that sits above the bud increases the temp beyond vape range, than, you are not vaping but combusting. How can you tell with a hookah? Look at the bud when you're done. If its a light to dark brown, you're vaporizing. If it's black........you are not.

12. uh...its brown b/c it's been vaped. it doesn't ever cherry. therefore it's not combusting. there isn't even a flame. just the hot coal.

13. #13 aero18, Sep 9, 2009
    LOL at this thread! You've got it completely wrong man, vaporization doesn't allow combustion to occur. In a hookah, there is burning going on. You get tars and carcinogens from a hookah. You get virtually none from a vape.

Also, vaporization is NOT SMOKING.

One more thing, have you ever smoked .025 grams out of a hookah and got a great high off of it? Vaporizers conserve a hell of a lot more than ANY form of combustion. Put it to that test to see if the cost savings are up to par. I believe that you'll realize that it isn't.

14. It doesn't matter if there is a cherry or a flame. Most vaporizers on the market today will allow you to get into combustion range with no cherry or flame.

If, however, your cashed bud is not black, but a uniform dark brown, you are vaporizing but this has nothing to do with a cherry or a flame. It has EVERYTHING to do with the temperature.

15. This is true. However, there are carcinogens and tars in the shisha itself, which defeats the purpose of vaping for health reasons.

16. You can vaporize with a glass rod and a heat source, or just with a torch lighter at a further distance. Price tag? No.

17. I would LOVE to see a video of you torch vaping some weed :rolleyes:

18. and the difference between using a coal at a distance and using a torch lighter at a distance? personally I see none, and also I don't use hookah tobacco I use HERBAL SHISHA, very little carcinogens/tar, if any.

19. Actually I mix a gram of weed in wish my shisha and it gets four people exceptionally high :D. Thanks for your opinion though, as far as I can tell smokin a hookah doesn't allow much if any combustion to occur and the high is VERY similar if not identical to that of a vape, as I said before I've smoked both, often :hello:

20. A gram of dank through a vape could get 40 people high.