Hookah vs Cigs

Discussion in 'General' started by zhangmaster12, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Which one is worse for your lungs? I get different results from every site ive been on, so i decided to ask for some fist hand experience.

thanks

2. if you're worried about your lung's health the n you shouldn't be putting smoke in them.

Tobacco is tobacco quite honestly

3. shisha for hookahs has less tar and nicotine

4. buzzard, be it the case that smoke is unhealthy in any form or not, let him decide that for himself. he's looking for informaition, not a conclusion.

as for hookah (shisha is actually the word for the tobacco) vs tobacco cigarettes, my research has shown me that yes, it IS unhealthy. but it is not as unhealthy as cigarettes, due to the lack of added chemicals. it still does have tar, but hookah smoke has about a small percentage of the tar in an equivalent amount of cigarettes. it also has much less nicotine.

however, shisha is usually made with sugar on tobacco, and inhaling heated sugar is not good for you (whether you're smoking hookah or burning cotton candy)

5. Shisha is actually pretty damn bad for you.

If you look up recent studies done, they show that whole water filtration deal actually produces more unique carcinogens in the process.

Studies and all that science aside, think about it. Look at what fucking fat rips you take when you smoke a hookah. It's still tobacco you're smoking, and these rips are way bigger than cig drags. You're just not coughing as much because of all molasses, which coats up your throat. And how long are you doing this for? An average of around 20-45 minutes, possibly longer. Definitely can't be good for you.

All this being said, I still smoke hookah (I smoke cigs regularly), but I'm not into it as much. :smoke:

[​IMG]