Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. ive been smoking hooka 3 times a week. do you think ill get addicted to tobacco at this rate or should i slow down

2. How long are each of your sessions approximately?
    Only tobacco?
    Tobacco
    ew

3. i dont think hookah tobacco has any nicotine in it.

4. I dipped for a year 2-3 times a day before getting semi-addicted. I just felt wants to do it, not needs, so I quit. Hookah should be fine, just notice when you start doing it more frequently, which you will.

??? Tobacco = has nicotine

5. It depends on what brand of shisha you're smoking, the washed shisha brands usually only conain .05-.06% nicotine while some of the more "traditional" brands contain .5-.6% nicotine. You get addicted to the nicotine, but 3 times a week isn't that bad, I would be careful that you don't smoke at least a bowl a day.

6. I used to dip a tin a day or two and I never really felt that I was addicted. I did it for about a year as well and all of the sudden I was like fuck this I'd rather buy weed with this money.

So I quit 3 weeks ago, haven't dipped since. I'll smoke an occasional cigar but that's all I mess with nowadays.

7. first of all its spelled Hookah.

its not addicting at all, ive been smoking it for over 2 years multiple bowls a day. and im not addicted. i can take a break from it anytime, sometimes i go up to a week without smoking and i never feel an urge to. its just a hobby for me.

also ask this question on a hookah forum, i dont think anyone besides me knows anything about hookah on this website.

8. Ignorant answer, you don't know everyone on this website, do you? This website sells hookahs, for gods sake...lol...

OP: Imo...no.

9. prove me wrong. ive never seen anyone on this site post anything intelligent about hookahs.

10. Your either stoned or a doosh

11. little of both mostly stoned:smoke:

12. I don't have to prove anything to you. Especially when it doesn't even involve me. You want to see something like that? There is a good Search function up at the top. I'm not going to argue with you on someone else's thread about how you no one one personally on this website.

13. it has nicotine in it.

Theres nothing wrong with hookah, i enjoy a nice hookah sesh every once in a while, but smoking daily isn't going to be very good for your lungs

14. Well you certainly didn't think. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here, and that comment was very ignorant.

15. #15 devilzlettuce, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'm very knowledgeable bout hookahs I have been smoking hookah for about 3 yrs now I'm even on another forum bout weed but can't talk bout weed on there so I stick to gc

16. I started smoking hookah about 5 years ago. At one time i was smoking at least a bowl a day. It's a lot less now, maybe once every couple of weeks. Never became "addicted" to the shisha.

As mentioned earlier, there are some shishas that are washed or not washed. I have only smoked Starbuzz shisha, which at one time (not sure about now) was supposed to be double or triple washed.

As for affecting your lungs much, I didn't notice my breathing or lungs being affected adversely. Nothing compared to cigarettes.

I would be more worried about the quality of coals you're using. I never use quick-start coals, only natural coconut coals.

17. haha i do man.... i got my first hookah when i was 15 and that was before i ever smoked weed... i used to love it and ya theres almost no way that you can get addicted.... but ya i love just chillin outside in the summer smoking some hookah and bud... good times:rolleyes:

18. ITT: People who think they know what they're talking about.

Smoking shisha can be addictive considering you're vaporizing tobacco leaves, which contains nicotine.