Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hook-ups and Police

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tiptree, Jul 9, 2012.

1. First, I apologise if this is redundant, but I did use the search and could not find the answer to this question--

I found a lot of great information on how to handle encounters with the police when you already have the bud, but what about when you are looking for/getting it?

Can an undercover officer act like they are selling? can they be holding? Can they arrest you if you act interested in buying, or do you have to hand over money before they could? What if they overhear a conversation with you arranging a hook-up?

ARG I feel like such a noob, but my connect in my area has moved away and like the bright college grad I am I never looked beyond this one connect and now I am dry and it is summer and I want to find some but the prospect of looking for a new connect seems daunting and scary because I imagine police lurking in every corner but I know they have much bigger things to worry about. Usually.

Any help much appreciated!

-JV

2. just ask someone you smoke with im sure there is a dealer out there that wants to make some money haha, and don't worry about police most of the time when they do set ups its for harder drugs.

3. What you described is entrapment which is illegal for cops to do. Its also a waste of their time and they know that. Theyre only looking for the guys selling, ask away

4. Cops are looking for guys who are flipping pounds. They aren't going to go out of their way and spend their department's money to set up sting operations to catch a couple of kids buying 1-5 grams.

5. CT Smoker-- excellent idea except that I am a super-introverted person with (still, somehow) low tolerance, so I always smoke by myself or with my partner. I should try being more social...

Kancastank & WeOutHere - 1/4 is a major large purchase for me that sets me up for a few months, haha, so no selling or pounds moving here... good to know about entrapment also.

Thanks guys!

6. Here in new york they have the point system for your car, they need 3 points to search it.

1. If they see any open containers or pipes or pieces or anything suspicious that looks like a smoking device.
    2. If they see smoke.
    3. If you seem inebriated or intoxicated.

At least in this county they do that shit. Heh, i have a cop buddy who smokes mad weed and tells me all this shit.

7. Man, you're being paranoid. Just ask a friend who they get bud from. Get it through them a couple times, then ask for their dealer's number. Hit 'em up, get bud and smoke it. Easy as a piece of cake.

8. Cops can hold weed, and they can sell it to you. Undercover cops do not need to tell you they are undercover. Cops do in fact set up stings that do include people picking up grams.

If you buy from a cop it is NOT entrapment. Entrapment is only if a cop forces you into doing something you normally wouldn't.

The entrapment defense rarely works.

9. Cops can and do sell people drugs then bust them. Whoever tells you that is entrapment has no idea what they are talking about.

What cops will very, very rarely do is actually put drugs back out on the street themselves. Meaning, in 99.9% of the situations if a cop sells you illegal drugs they will bust you then and there. Informants are a different story, police routinely allow informants to continue to operate in order to secure bust of larger dealers. In some cases the police will supply the informants with cash or drugs as well.

10. Yikes, thanks for the clarification on "entrapment," Bat and Joker. I think I will do what Relax recommends (makes a lot of sense)-- go through my list of friends first, surely several blaze, and sooner or later someone will help me make a connection.

I just get impatient-- I just got a cool new pipe, and it is summertime-- but sooner or later it will come through, I guess. Moving at the end of the month anyway, for grad school, and I already have several friends who blaze in that town... :D So if not before, they had better be able to hook me up (if I ask nice)!