Honoring Our Fallen

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, May 27, 2013.

1. If you think that bin laden and his scumdog comrades were not serious about continuing to attack America, YOU are the one that is not rational.  

2. #62 Magical Wizard, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
    9/11 was an inside job, the US created Al-Qaeda, bin Laden was a patsy, you're argument is irrelevant 

It did. The Japanese govenment had no intentions of surrendering and its people were totally obedient to their emperor. A ground invasion would have cost the lives of many Allied soldiers and many more Japanese.

4. #64 Lay Low, Jun 2, 2013
    Did you not see my post earlier in this thread? The Japanese were ready to surrender before the bombs were dropped. The atomic bombs were used imo as a show of power and as a test. They wanted to know the real life results of their fancy new weapon, saw an opportunity to do it, and took it. This is just my best guess, but it makes sense. Whatever the reason for destroying 2 cities, it wasn't to stop ground troops from being killed or making the Japanese surrender. The bombs were dropped on an already beaten Japan. Like I said, one of the worst atrocities in human history. I think many people can't accept this, it's too dark for them to imagine their government being capable of, but it seems to be the case to me after evaluating the facts.

5. Payback for Pearl Harbor?

6. #66 garrison68, Jun 2, 2013
    Bin laden defense and 9/11 government conspiracy theory posts belong on the appropriate threads in Pandora's Box. 

7. Not only were the Japanese unwilling to surrender before the atomic bomb was dropped, they continued to refuse to surrender even after we dropped the first bomb on Hiroshima.  That's right, it took TWO bombs to knock some common sense into them. 

8. http://mises.org/daily/4217

9. The Japanese murdered millions, were guilty of other atrocities beyond anything save for the Nazis, and did not even sign, much less abide by the articles of, the Geneva Convention with regards to treatment of POW's - which even the Germans were in accordance with for the most part, according to ex-POW's that were held in the camps.  The Japanese couldn't be trusted,  and if we hadn't used atomic weapons we'd probably have regretted it.  

10. #70 yurigadaisukida, Jun 2, 2013
    It's called war. When a country is attacked, as America was, and the attackers declare war, as Al Qaeda did, with the support of the Taliban, we had to fight back. Whether we went about it is another story.

The attacks against America by Al Qaude, for the most part, stopped - but they would not have if we had sat on our laurels as you seem to think would have been the proper response. The only thing those people understand is force and power. Bin laden thought that America was going to collapse after 9/11, and we came close to it a few times, economically - but he was wrong, dead wrong.

</blockquote>o_O

I can't even read this guys posts without getting stupider myself

Ill bet you think Islam needs to be eradicated as well because their religion requires everyone to take part in jihad or die and that makes them a threat to The entire world.
    o_O

You must be trolling. Your posts are so insanely ludicrous I assume there is no possible way your being serious

People that still say these things are what pushed me to make the gtfo rant.
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I think that ALL religions need to be eradicated because they are a threat to the existence of the human race, with or without Islamic  jihad.  Islam is currently the worst one of them all - and THAT is quite an accomplishment given the competitions' records.    

12. The Japanese were not going to surrender under the terms of the Allies. All Allied nations had made it clear that they would only accept unconditional surrender of the fascist powers and the Japanese govenment were not willing to allow American troops on their sacred islands. The extreme majority of the Japanese govenment and population were determined to continue the war until the Allies realised that the cost of conquring them would be too high and allow for a negotiated peace. All other routes of surrender, may it be continuing air raids, starving the islands, a ground invasion, or all three would have cost millions of lives to achieve. The US offered their terms of peace to Japan a few days before dropping the first bomb on Hiroshima, but the Japanese govenment ignored it. They offered their terms again after Hiroshima, but again the Japanese responded with silence. After dropping the second bomb on Nagasaki and informing them that the next one was headed for Tokyo, the Japanese bowed to the inevitable and accepted Allied terms.

13. This has already been covered.

The Japanese just wanted to keep their Emperor. That's the only condition they wanted, but the US wanted no conditions. The 2 bombs were dropped, wiping out 2 cities of civilians, then the US accepted the same conditional surrender that the Japanese wanted before the bombings, they got to keep their Emperor. So the atomic bombs literally had no effect on the outcome at all, except for adding massive civilian deaths to the toll.

Millions of lives?

http://mises.org/daily/4838

14. Truman just wanted to showcase the power of the atomic bomb and tried to scare Stalin. However Stalin already knew about the Manhattan Project long before Truman "hinted" at it. Truman also felt "obliged" to drop the bombs, since he had already told the Japanese about an amazing weapon the Americans had, ready to use, ready to wipe out cities.

In this case, Truman thought it was best to destroy civilian targets, and not to back down to Stalin or appear weak to Japan, and go back on the promise he had made with regards to the weapon.

However NONE of this supports destroying civilian targets, and all the lies about the number of American/Japanese lives that would of been lost if the bombs had not been dropped, and the lies about Japans surrender continue to be spread throughout the minds of Americans, as case in point this thread.

Its quite sad, that humans can rationalize dropping atomic bombs on other humans, especially when they are civilians.

But hey, some people wanted the same use of atomic bombs for Vietnam, Korea, Cuba, Middle East etc etc. Its pretty disturbing that some peoples solution to a problem, is the most destructive force known to man.

Agreed .LOL some people just never read anything do they ? They even admit supplying AlQueda. Building 7  and the Bin Ladens are no better than any other Elite . The U.S. did business with these people and turned around and stabbed them in the back.
    View attachment 116619

16. #76 Earth Ling, Jun 2, 2013

I to feel all religions need to be eradicated and purged from the universe. Religions teach violence and there followers show it first hand.

View attachment 116619

17. This is false. Most religions teach love and peace. Violence is a part of man's nature, there are no easy scapegoats to blame like religion, money, capitalism, etc. A part of man's nature is dark and violent, and reaches full expression through government. Government is the socialized form of legal violence and so naturally attracts the most violent people to join its ranks. Religion imo is an easy scapegoat for people to point a finger at, and atheism is currently fashionable so it happens often.

What's worse than religion is deifying the secular state like garrison does, and many others as well. This state worship is far more dangerous than that of religion. Most religions have a pretty straightforward moral code, but the state has none. It's creed is whatever the state does is good and holy, and whatever the state says is bad, is bad. There is no ethical guideline at all. Government is a much bigger danger to humanity than religion ever has been, or ever will be.

The Japanese wanted to retain their emporer as the absolute head of state, while the US wanted him to be nothing more than a figure head. They feared that he could cause Japan to re-arm and become a threat to Western influence in Asia again. American losses at 46 000 is incredibly conservative. Estimates vary but most historians claim loses would be between 200 000 and 1 000 000 Allied loses. The US government had estimated at least 500 000 casulties, and had manufactured 500 000 purple hearts for the campaign, which are still being used today. Even if Allied loses were 46 000, that doesn't include the Japanese soldiers and Home Guard who would be fighting the Allies every step of the way. It also doesn't include those Japanese who would kill their families and commit mass suicide, which had been seen on islands the Allies had occupied like Iwo Jima, Saipan, and Okinawa.

19. I can't believe people are actually justifying America nuking Japan

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

[​IMG]