Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Honey Oil Tincture - finalizing the method

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Atmo, Sep 23, 2010.

1. #1 Atmo, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
    Alrighty, so I've been getting into making extracts and oils lately. Recently I've made some Green Dragon and reduced the volume to about 1 ounce, and put it into a dropper bottle. Works GREAT!

Anyway, now I'm thinking of a different method, but have a couple questions. Here is my plan:

1) Decarboxylize the cannabis (many threads on this, but first I did 250 for ~60 mins. This time I'm doing 222F for 30mins)

2) Do the BHO method, wait for the honey oil to dry in the pyrex dish.

3) pour 1oz alcohol into the pyrex dish, dissolving the oil. Pour the result into a tincture bottle.

Now, will that last step work? Should I bother scraping it up, only to redissolve it in alcohol? It just seems easier to pour the alcohol right into the dried honey oil, I'm just not sure how it'd work out - anyone know?

I have about 12g of decarbed bud. I made an extractor out of a test tube with a hole drilled in the end, and coffee filters + silk screen on the open end. It holds about 5-6g.

Has anyone made an oral tincture out of BHO before? How does this method look?

2. dude that technique sounds awesome. it eliminates the whole scraping process. I would use this with an oral syringe to suck up the tincture from the pan and dispense it into the bottle. that way you dont get any sticky alcohol on the bottle or anywhere else. I've never made a bho tincture before but i think i'm gonna try this pretty soon with some medium quality buds. everything sounds ok to me, I would probably use grain alcohol because it seems like it would hold more bho but I bet some 70% would work fine too.