Honey, I Blew Up My Plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bodanski, Feb 1, 2007.

1. **Sorry about the title I just thought it felt suitable for this situation. **

I started my little journey on 9-21-06 and so far my plants are about 3 feet in height. I started flowering them only last week because I by mistake over fert them and they almost bit the big one. so after 3 months of veggin and 1 month of getting them back to life why the hell are they growing SO TALL??? They wont stop growing taller. I keep raising my lights 4 inches taller and they will grow that in a night!!! Any suggestions? I water them ever other day, and right now there on a 12/12 cycle. The strain I am using is ICE. Thanks to the Doctor. :)

2. i'm no expert dude but from all the stickies i read, as i am also on my first grow you should look into topping and fimming your babies.. that way you will stop them growing upwards and encourage side growth.. i tried it and man its working like hell.. all i need to do now is wait to see if they are girls or boys...
    :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

3. They always stretch in flowering. You can try tying them down a bit. What kind of light?

4. Yelp and if you take a look at the picts in my grow you'll see that they stretch/grow alot, my plants were 17" when I put them into flower a little less than a month ago and last night the canopy measured 48" with continued LST traing and will probably grow another foot. So if you got thin leaf plant(sativa dominate strain) that is what you have to look forward to. Best start tying her down.

My Grow:http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/131440-12-12-harvest-pics-update-weekly.html

5. im using fluros, what do u mean "tie them down?"

6. Tie them down means just that, tie them down, they'll probably get 6 ft or taller if you don't. Be carefull not to break the stem, if you do, they should still live, but you'll have to repair the break. I'd suggest spending some time reading in the grow journals, you'll find alot of info in there.

7. if u are using fluros, u want the bulbs about 1-2 inches away, anymore and it encourages stretching

8. He means, LST. I think.

Yeah, LST.

That and if after that they keep stretching then i would get more light in there. Whats the wattage?