Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

honestly don't know what to do anymore...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by 1llB3back, Mar 20, 2011.

1. gc this is it, i really don't know what to do anymore. my mom has been suffering from EXTREME anxiety disorder for the past few years. she's undergone different treatments, they worked a temporarily. she's been through 2 electroshock therapy treatments. one time it worked, but a year later, back into the hospital. she tried to have it done again but it didn't work really. these medications, they don't work. my parents are so against marijuana. but i cry almost everyday because she's suffering. i really wish she would accept it and try it with me. i really believe it would help her. i'm on my last leg. i've been strong through the past few years. so has my dad and brother. but i'm ready to leave for college. i can't leave with work undone. someone help me, give me advice. i want to get her a better doctor. i want to get her a better life. my dad's just about to give up. everyday i think about giving up, but it's impossible to give up on something you love no matter how bad the pain is.

2. slip her an edible.

3. Step 1: Make potent brownies
    Step 2: "Hey mom! I made you desert!"
    = Happy mom.

:rolleyes:

4. yeah but do you know how immoral that is? i'd never do that because that's just horrible. drugging my mom without her knowing? that would just give her higher anxiety.

5. Exactly. Drugging someone is never a good idea, because when they start to feel high they'll (usually) freak out and not know what's going on.
    What you need to do is sit them down and go over the facts.
    Someone on these forums has a HUGE list of marijuana research, studies, facts, etc.
    I'll go dig around for the link and edit this post with it.

And if they still won't go for it after you show them the facts, then there's not much you can do.

6. Word.

7. if she still doesn't listen drug her. Whats the worst that could happen?

8. If she is against marijuana you just need to give her reason to believe that it will help her medically. Do not drug someone without them knowing...

Show her Granny Storm Crows list... go to the anxiety section.

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010-a.html

9. You're going to have to be mean with the way you do it I think.
    I would say, Light up a bowl right infront of them...(maybe bring them outside if you don't want to be so disrespectful) and be like "IS THIS REALLY HURTING ANYONE? IS DOING ANY HARM? " then tell her how it would help her and how she needs to just give it a try and ask her why she would want to be prescribed to so many over the counter pills THAT DONT WORK ! (for her) and tell her that she could be doin somthing natural that may help her (it will) and ask her "Why would you try all of these pills but not even give somthing natural a chance?"

10. #10 Viral Frog, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
    Thank you for posting the link! I'm posting from a phone and trying to find it was nearly impossible.

Edit: And now I realize that the thread is stickied. Damn I feel stupid :p

11. watch the union with her... itll debunk all the myths and show her the medical benefits.. might open her up to trying it once.
    i doubt she'd want to try it with her son.. some mom's i know would or would not be comfortable with that... depends on the person.. but she might not do it WITH you because then she might feel like a hypocrite.. so if she says no after watching the union.. do this..

tell her before you go to college that you're leaving her weed and a small glass piece in your room or somewhere in the house only you and her will know of.. ask her to try it for you n explain why..
    then when you do leave, pick up a gram of some good indica, and buy a small glass piece for her if you have to, hide it where you told her you would.. and maybe she'll give it a shot on her own in privacy..

(this might work around any ignorance she has toward weed if no one else knows about her trying it, then if it helps her, she will have a change of heart hopefully and start using it for the medical benefits)

idk.. just a thought. if you think she'll have trouble usin the piece, roll like 4 joints for her. remember INDICA though, not sativa. better for anxiety.

12. i love that idea. but what do i do about her trying it for the first time? what if she freaks out? that's my worry. i don't think she'll be in a good enough condition. but if she is, i will definitely do that. for now though, i need to make modifications.

13. she should do a small amount the first couple times, so she doesnt freak. you should make cannabudder. smoking makes it more taboo

edit: and edibles last way longer. she'd be more adverse to smoking it every few hours if theres a period where she should be medicated

14. That guy has an awesome idea and coupled with the knowledge from that list there is probably a good chance that she would try it.

If you have a vaporizer it would be even better. (no smoke)

15. if youre worried about her freakin out, just make sure you tell her in some way beforehand the right amount to try the first time.. like one hit.. wait 15 minutes, and repeat with baby breaths until shes satisfied..

16. If she does try it for the 1st time.
    Have her favorite movie to watch, and her favorite food on hand.
    This will make for a tailor-fit high for her.
    I did this with my father planed the whole evening around what he would most likely enjoy while high for the first time.
    if you hand her a blunt and take off most likely she will get lost of what to do. First impressions right?

I got my dad to try it for pain.

It took awhile, but Im very open with him about weed.