Homosexuality- This example is a little much.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by AstrovitztheKid, Jan 5, 2013.

1. I don't know... That kid looks pretty gay to me

2. It does work the other way. Back when I was about seven me and my friends would all skip around the football field instead of running. I remember my mum telling me how all the parents would laugh and think it was cute. That behaviour is definitely considered 'camp' at least.

That analogy isn't really parallel. You're talking about a mum who is probably expressing her feelings towards him about his 'sexuality' at a very young age, as opposed to your example of adults just discussing two children playing. In the second the children aren't specifically involved in the discussion of sexuality.

I consider that I'd have an equal reaction to a mum 'supporting' (aka pushing) his son in being gay as I would to a mum telling his son that he can't be gay.

Neither is right, let the kid figure it out for himself and don't show any kind of reaction, good or bad to his orientation, since it's likely to just confuse him.

Edit: What if it was a gay couple making a picture about their 'straight' child? Obviously trying to prove that having gay parents can create normal children (something I'm not contesting). A seven year old girl that is 'straight'. How could you possibly know what that person is going to be? I've said plenty of things I'm going to do or be that haven't worked out and I'm much older than seven.

3. I wonder if that kid is really gay because I knew I liked girls at that early of an age but this is odd

4. There comes a point where influencing your kid with positive reinforcement in regards to homosexuality is no different from trying to help your kid to be straight.

Let your kid figure it out... don't push or pull, just be supportive. If he wants to be gay, tell him that's fine. If he wants to be straight... tell him that's fine. But making it into something larger than that, puts you in a position to put pressure on that child's choices.

5. jesus christ...

when i was 7 yknow what i was doing? i was riding bikes, and stick fighting with my friends, and playing fucking like yugioh or some shit.

i was probably 9 or 10 before i even learned of fapping, how the fuck can a 7 year old possibly have any clue at all to what their sexual preference is? the kid doesnt even know what that is, and probably just says it cause he sees shit on the news.

6. Word. Now the kid, IMO, has some role he has to fill and grow into. Completely restricting him as a person... into the word "gay".

7. 7 year old, sexuality, yikes...

8. I didnt know I was into bros until like last week. Still pretty sure its a phase.

9. #49 BongManManMan, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    I didn't read every post of the thread due to the amount of rants and raves these kind of topics have. But I have some in put.

I'm gay, I oppress it A LOT due to society. I KNEW for god damn sure when I was 6 or 7 that I was. I dated girls every year from 1-6 grade as kind of play dating and 7-12 I actually carried on a few long term relationships because that is what I was expected to do. Never once did I ever have a drunken night with a man OR a women. I knew either or would ruin me. But I do remember being on the bus in about 4th or 5th grade and a girl asking all the guys weather or not they were a tits or ass man. I usually kept to myself and didn't realize what was going on till she asked me. AND when she did I immediately thought "WTF?!? Why the hell is she asking me this?" I was shocked because I knew I didn't like either. But I quickly answered "Psh Tits AND Ass!" lol.

Because of the way people view homosexuals I pushed every sexual thought I ever had deep deep down inside of me. I became really hard headed and lived a life of lies. So that I could fit in, have friends, Be popular. But more then all, so that I could do the things I wanted to do. I love action sports and I love being extreme but its such a dude man affiliation that I felt if I ever acted on my internal thoughts I would be shunned for life. Thus I started smoking pot and cigs when I was 11 years of age. My habits are unhealthy and sometimes just down rite dirty. I have severely abused marijuana and alcohol from a very young age because of what some prick ass people would think of me if they really knew me.

Now if this kid knows for a fact he is gay and decides to be open with it then I am jealous. I am jealous because he will never have to oppress anything, I am jealous because he will never have to try to figure out who he really is and I am jealous that I was not brave enough to stand up for my damn self and who I really was and I am jealous because he will always know who he is and will never have to endure the burning inside you get when you see some faggot being picked on as a kid and not being able to do anything about it. If this kid knows who he really is then whats the problem? I wish I had the balls to be myself in this world, I'm in my 20's and still don't have as big of balls as this kid.

Also I don't think any parent would push there kid to be gay. Like seriously I will never ever tell my parents I'm gay. Or my friends or my family or dam near anyone in real life for that matter.

10. if you cant tell them I dont see how you could consider them friends or family. if they arent fine with a part of you that is so insignificant and unrelated to them, then they arent worth the time.

11. I remember having a crush on this chick who was hot as fuck named Victoria in kindergarten. I knew my sexuality when I was 5.

It never worked out between us :(

12. At age 7, I was trying to get a nut bust, not knowingly, no would i have known what to do in a sexual situation, but i knew i wanted something, that being said, no need to put a fucking sign on the kid, I cant stand it when people wave around their political, religious, sexual, societal opinions, and jam them down others throats, especially their kids.

I'd need to know more, did the boy pose for the photo, knowing it would be publicized with that caption? if so, and he wanted that to happen, then good for him and his family, this just feels like attention whoring to me.

13. How the fuck does that kid know hes gay? Does he even know what it truely means? I like other boys dad.... No shit coz your seven he probably think girls have cooties! I didnt like girls either when i was seven didnt mean i was gay it ment i was seven!

14. wait til get a taste of some good, juicy pussy lips

15. hope his school mates don't see this picture, he would get bullied to the shit house. just saying

16. #56 Jamanoid, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
    I have to say it's a little off-putting.
    This could just be from my straight perspective but my first guess after seeing the picture would be that the parents in this situation are themselves gay.
    I say this because I have seen this.
    I'm myself not against gay couples adopting to have the experience of a child but I don't think they ought to influence their sexual identity at all.
    Having worked in one of my cities areas that was kind've home to a large portion of the gay community, seeing little boys as young as 5 come in with their flambouyant fathers being dressed in things like crop-tops was sad.

I believe that being gay is something that you can be born with, but also something that can be manufactured through exposure and experiences.
    Why? Because it'll be seen as what's normal in their life and a lot of the gay community has mainly gay friends.
    I think that more care should be taken in most cases, and more effort into offering a child varied experiences.

In this case if the parents aren't gay, then I don't know what to say.
    It's a little disturbing really.
    At 7, if someone asked if I was gay or straight I wouldn't even have known what the terminology was implying. Now some people claim otherwise and that's cool. Just saying that I don't think little children are really ever that introspective to know what their life long identity is going to be.
    When I hear that, I just don't buy it.
    This tells me that this kid is a product, not a development.
    To go around at 7 openly proclaiming your gayness, is just not the act of a child on their own steam.

17. Gonna stay out of the politics of this, but I think it's disgusting how brazen an attempt of attention this is, and it won't do anything but hurt the kid in the future

18. My friends have done a lot for me, more then most peoples friends would. I'm sure they have there assumptions but they never press. Don't ask don't tell is kind of how it goes. My family I'm sure has to know yet again don't ask don't tell. It is my choice to voice what I want and what I don't want to. Honestly I think your sexuality is your own business. No straight guy wants to hear about my sex and well I really don't care if someone wants to tell me about their sex life. Sometimes it seems like straight men have to brag about there sex life to have some kind of status amongst their peers. They talk about it non stop. Now this kids decision is his own. This picture being blasted on the internet is disgusting. The way Americans are so reliant on the internet is just as disgusting. Also the fact that we all fall rite into it and fuel the fire is the most disgusting. Honestly I think all this hoopla is dumb. Peoples lives have been whittled down by technology so much that they have stopped caring about real life. Living day to day, and bettering ourselves. The people have sunk into this so much they care about every single other persons problems and mask there own. All we do now is gossip and bewiddle others to higher our own pedestal and for what?

19. 1000% fake for facebook likes

20. Definitely attention whoring