homies dad hit me up...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by FatSesh92, May 30, 2012.

1. so today i got a text from someone who claimed to be the dad of my friend R. the text basically said that R has been acting crazy lately, and has a serious medical (mental i think) condition, and that weed makes it worse. he went on to say that his life is at stake, and that if we are his friends we wont blaze with him. R is definitely not all there, and has had some crazy freakouts in the past, but i feel like his parents make it worse by not letting him blaze. i wont smoke with R because i dont want to make an issue, but he would always tell me how much weed helps him.

2. Hes self medicating all his problems away.
    Its either gonna be cannabis or some pill.

3. Damn, sounds like your friend has been getting wavvy as hell...smoke him up.

4. exactly. whats fucked is i know he has/probably still is experimenting with harder drugs (as did i and still occasionally do, but R was doing xanax all the time i think)

5. And this is your professional medical opinion?

Some people with mental issues (more than just garden-variety depression) should not smoke marijuana because it can cause psychosis.

If he is insane, he may think the weed is helping him. I had a schizo friend at first he thought weed helped him..until he had one too many freak outs requiring hospitalization and realized that weed set him off. Just because it makes him "feel good" does not mean it is good for him mentally.

6. i know hes had a lot of freak outs on other drugs, and also when sober, but hes usually more chill and happy when hes high

7. I don't buy that. Tell your friend to stop taking hard drugs and stick with the herbals.

8. exactly, bud is chill

9. Uhm..the kid I am talking about doesn't and wasn't using hard drugs.

The attitude that marijuana is good for 100% of people is very harmful.

10. #10 cannabis92109, May 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012
    This is very true. Cannabis is NOT for everyone. And it is not 100% harmless, there are pros and cons. For SOME people the pros outweigh the cons and the choose to consume cannabis.

11. EXACTLY!!! :hello:

We should all have the PRIVILEGE of using cannabis (until one personally fucks it up, the way someone who gets a DUI fucks up their privilege to drive), but that doesn't mean it is good for everyone!

12. I was referring to the OP about the hard drugs. Also, no one said that marijuana is good for 100% of people.

13. Well..then quote OP, not me.

14. The first sentence of my post was directed at your post. There would've been no sense to quote the OP.

15. Get him really high off hash and then put him in a high stress situation

16. Damn dude, idk what to say, that sucks...

Talk to the guy, and see what's up with him, what's he acting like?

17. Fuck that, weed doesnt put anyone's life at stake.
    Hes dad is just trying to manipulate you..

18. [quote name='"Ironic"']

Uhm..the kid I am talking about doesn't and wasn't using hard drugs.

The attitude that marijuana is good for 100% of people is very harmful.[/quote]

Amen. Finally someone on GC who will admit MJ isn't a magic cure all for every mental disorder known to man.

19. Again, no one's going around saying that everyone needs to be smoking pot.

20. This.
    Noone is saying it's good for everybody, but his dad can't say it's bad either...it's up to him to decide...but imo all of this sound to me like.
    [​IMG]